OK..Seriously..Has GOD ever answered your prayers????

by DATA-DOG 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Prayer only serves as a chance for a person to calmly sit back, relax, compile their thoughts and therefore move on in life....

Some people take deep breathes. Some people 'meditate'. Some people 'pray'.

• kassad84
    kassad84

Why should god answer my prayers about not getting all of my bills paid, or give a JW chickens in Asia while he has allowed this to happen? Just my 2 cents.

I think you should these guys, and a few more of their kind. Capitalism at its best.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I think Vander is joshing us.

Not a word he's said is true.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<I think Vander is joshing us.>>

Then you think wrong. I never joke about my or my family's testimony; nor do I choose to embelish it. Faith cannot exist without integrity. Defender has provided a link to Lawrence Tisdall. Be my guest.

But as for God answering prayer....

My eldest son Sean is a physical trainer. He played ball hockey on a couple of teams a number of years back. At the close of his last game ever, he recieved a side-angle full body hit (probably intentional) to the right knee. For over a year and a half he suffered pain after even minor exertion. He was considering surgery when we attended a church service held at Emmaneul Christian School. A visiting evangelist was preaching on the subject of God's desire to bless His people. We had no idea that this man would be coming or who he was. All of a sudden he started naming physical problems God was healing. There was a rush of healings being reported throughout the congregation as he kept naming the problems and actually pointing out some of the people who were being healed and of what they were being healed of.

Just before this healing segment began, Sean had told me that his knee was killing him. When healings started happening I prayed, "Father if you are really talking to this guy, will you tell him about Sean's knee." Within a minute, the travelling evangelist said, "God has just told me that there is someone in the audience with a right knee injury. Stand up, come to the front, God wants to heal you." My son stood up and headed for the front. As he approached, the evangelist said to him, "God's going to heal you". No he is not going to heal me", my son told him, "He already has!"

Sean owns his own gym in Dorion Quebec. My wife and I get free cross-fit training as often as we want, which is about 3 times weekly. If you want to confirm his healing, send me a pm and you can contact him yourself.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"Defender has provided a link to Lawrence Tisdall."..I see that you can read my posts. Thank you for acknowledging that I exist. Now can you please respond to what I asked you? Here it is again.."Vanderhoven, can you please ask God to provide you with £1,000,000 in order for you to donate it to help end homelessness in the UK? Thousands are in need, not just you.If He would provide for you to fix your shed and pay your mortgage, how much more of a worthy cause would this be? I'm being serious, not flippant. Please at least have the respect to reply with a yes or no, and a reason would be even more appreciated."http://www.crisis.org.uk/pages/homeless-def-numbers.html

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Yeah sure.............

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Defender

Has God ever answered my prayers? Yes, many times. Do you believe me?

Never said He answered or answers every prayer as requested.

I'm only reporting what He has specifically done in my life as the OP requested, not what He can or will do for any segment of the world's population.

That is above my faith level.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Interesting assumption V7. So God is selective in who he blesses with his miracles. That violates a cardinal quality of God; that of love. It would be blatantly unloving to take care of a bad back while thousands of others, who have the same trust in God are ignored.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

@Vanderhoven: Thank you for replying, but you have misunderstood me. I wasn't asking you to comment on what God will or will not do. I was saying..Will you ask God to give you (1,000,000 was just an example) x amount of pounds in the next month (that you do not have and would not have in the near future without a gift, just as with the shed/mortgage story) to, for example, give to feed starving children in Africa? It would be an unselfish request.. Unless you don't want to ask for something to fulfill the desperate need of other people??If He responds, and someone gives you the amount (that you haven't told anyone), as you feel He has done to fulfil your needs in the past, then good.. If He doesn't, then you may have learnt something . Afterwards, please let us know what truthfully happened..Also, did the evangelist you saw heal anyone who was paralysed or missing a limb? Thanks.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"..And the prayer circle worked. Through the power of God, Jeanna recovered. Jeanna was the first human to survive rabies without the vaccine.
    Dr. Charles Rupprecht of the CDC in Atlanta called Jeanna's case a miracle. The family and everyone in Jeanna's huge, global prayer circle know that God heard their prayers and answered them....So we must ask a fundamental question: Did an all-loving, all-powerful God hear the prayers from Jeanna's worldwide prayer circle and then reach down from heaven to help Jeanna? Did God actually interact with Jeanna's body, making the impossible happen and curing her case of rabies through a divine miracle?
    Or did something else happen?
    We can actually answer this question with a simple experiment....
    A simple experiment
    For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident.
    Now create a prayer circle like the one created for Jeanna Giese. The job of this prayer circle is simple: pray to God to restore the amputated legs of this deserving person. I do not mean to pray for a team of renowned surgeons to somehow graft the legs of a cadaver onto the soldier, nor for a team of renowned scientists to craft mechanical legs for him. Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the soldier's legs overnight, in the same way that God spontaneously and miraculously cured Jeanna Giese and Marilyn Hickey's mother.
    If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.
    What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.
    And yet, even with millions of people praying, nothing will happen."
    http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/god5.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit