OK..Seriously..Has GOD ever answered your prayers????

by DATA-DOG 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

So Enlightenment what if that Doc hadn't moved until a week later and you didn't meet with him? Would you have died? Or what about people in Canada that missed out on this super Doc? Do they get to die because lesser doctors saw them?

Its all random. One person is saved by a prayer and another gets the silent treatment from the Almighty. Dawkins blows it out of the water in God Delusion but people who want to remain deluded will remain so.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

You can believe whatever you'd like. I will respect it. I'm not telling you to believe in God, or prayer. You do whatever you feel is right for you. I would at least hope for the same respect. I had enough BS disrespect as a witness to last a lifetime. I, like a lot of people, don't come here for more of the same.

I'm sorry, but I can't answer your questions. I can't explain or know what would happen with any of it. I can only share my own little personal story, which I thought was the point of this topic.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Of course you can't answer them, no believer can. They just come in here and expect us to believe that God loves and blesses them, but treats the rest of the disease ridden like they don't exist. Sorry, if God gets the credit, then he/she/it also gets the blame.

• startingover
    startingover

Could this be what is really happening? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaZDcS-rMf4

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, DATA-DOG:

Taking into account all that has been said on this thread and others like it over the years, I tend toward other explanations for why a prayer may seem to have been answered. My prayers of yore had been "answered" in relation to my activities and conduct as a JW. Therefore, I don't know where Jehovah actually fit in as I consider my current belief-in-flux position.

Nonetheless, one experience that still has me nonplussed centers around my life in Brooklyn and Manhattan, circa 1970. I took a noisy bus ride to a forgotten destination, but recall that the friendly driver said to sit behind him so he could tell me when we arrived at my stop. He chatted loudly away and, as was my wont, I wanted to witness to him: impossible, due to noise and confusion. Over the course of the lengthy trip, he revealed point by point personal information: the district he inhabited; the street he lived on; the number of his apartment complex; his name. All this was given me as he gabbed away; I didn't ask a single question.

I got off, went my way armed with this vital back call material. Somewhat later, Truth book in tow, I located his apartment complex and found his name, Patrick Davis, on the registry and went to his door. He was surprised to see me and I gave him the book . . .

Wonder where he is now.

CC

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

Yes many times.

Sometimes I think that when we pray to God about something it makes it real to us and we believe He will sort it out but in believing that we make it happen for ourselves and then give God credit for making it happen. Our mind is a powerful thing.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I thank God every day for my life, (despite the problems which come with it) the ability to get food and clean drinking water, and that I have somewhere safe to live.

However, I am not so conceited to believe that these things are DIVINELY provided for me each day, because so many members of my human family across the earth do not have even these BASIC needs for life.

Why should God favour wonderful little me over them?

I cringe when I hear a fellow Witness attribute the acquisition of a house or job (or even 100 chickens!) to our Creator answering their prayer! It portrays God not only as partial, but also evil, because he didn't answer the prayers of those in the tsunami, the twin towers, or every other major disaster or man-made atrocity!

Why does God allow suffering? The answer is found by examining why he allowed his own son to suffer and die!

Just be thankful for what you have, and bear in mind and heart those poor souls who don't!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, many times. Here is one example.

I was a young, fairly newly married Christian. I was sitting on my steps when a lady across the street on her balcony started shouting with rage at her landlord downstairs. I only found out later that he had raised the rent. She had totally lost control. I was about to go inside when I said to myself, “I'm a Christian and I should be doing something”

So I hesitatingly made my way to her door and rand the bell asking if I could be of help. She immediately invited me upstairs and continued her distressful tirade revealing all her earthly woes. I was overwhelmed by her problems. She then asked me what she should do. I told her she needed a Christian to pray for her.

“Do you know a Christian?" She asked.

I thought for a moment and said, “Well, my father-in-law (who lived three doors down from me) is a Christian.

“Get him!"...she said.

I paused for a moment, thinking, his faith was just as weak as my own. Finally I blurted out, “I'm a Christian, I will pray for you.” She was happy with that. So as she sat there I placed my hand on her head a began to pray....when all of a sudden, I started speaking with bold authority in the power of the Spirit...and she lost consciousness.

I sat there waiting for her to wake up. When she finally did she was calm and collected. She walked over to me and took my hands and said...”These hands...you could make money...."

Guess who was in church with me the following Sunday.

• cofty
    cofty

Vanderhoven - That's about psychology not "spirit".

• designs
    designs

Someone pulls a Binny Hinn and 18,000 children starved to death that day- an omnipotent God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit