OK..Seriously..Has GOD ever answered your prayers????

by DATA-DOG 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" It's called selective observation, where a believer counts the hits and discounts the misses." - Mad Giant

I like that explanation.

My family was trying to "simplify our lives" [ blechh ] and we were selling our home. It sold very quickly in a slow economy. Some said it was a blessing from GOD. Still, we worked to make it happen. What if it did not sell? Was it GOD's will that we not simplify our lives?? The funny thing is, I was not a believer in JWism at the time. At the same time my house is selling, little kids are dying of cancer. The idea that a loving GOD would allow this, while favoring me is distasteful. It's akin to saying that GOD needed another angel.

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

People have answered my prayers....not all of my prayers....that's all I know.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Spot on KateW.

Enlightenment said......'Sure, God made the disease............'

Just think about that for one moment.

Just something to think about.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't think prayers are right or wrong. At times it may give a person the peace of mind to make the best choice.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That thing never answers prayers today. Instead, you are referenced to some account in the LIE-ble, usually totally fictitious, and that is your answer. You are to act as if you were receiving that answer, and you are to assume you will receive the same thing. It never works. "Lack of faith" is the usual lame excuse, giving joke-hova the excuse to refuse to answer and preventing others from realizing that joke-hova never gives you anything of value.

Instead, that thing takes. Seems there is a poverty working going on against the flock, meaning they are going to become needier than before. Throw away all your wealth and cut way back on income for the communist kingdom (studied last October 5). The congregation owns nothing, therefore you need to keep donating (the new donation arrangement). Be content with just food (needs not taste good or be nourishing) and clothing (needs not be stylish, comfortable, or durable) (this big boasting session). Sacrifice wealth (and health, which is hit worse this year) for the communist government (this coming Grand Boasting Session). People are going to be needing--and the slightest crisis will make it worse. If you get a blackout, for instance, do you need joke-hova's communist kingdom then, or would you rather have a reliable lantern and a good supply of batteries? If we get hyperinflation, would you rather have the extra time in field circus, or a few dozen ounces of silver and a decent barter skill?

And, just try asking that beady-eyed monster for anything when you need something. You will simply get no answer other than "You need to do even more for me!" from that thing. You go out in field circus with a flu, and try asking that thing for health so you can stay out longer. No, instead you stay out with your flu and suffer more. About the only things that thing answers are for its name to be sanctified at the expense of the people, its communist kingdom to come so we can be enslaved, and for its selfish wlll (your enslavement) to come.

• James Brown
    James Brown

God has answered all my prayers.

I have always prayed from infancy, I was born and raised a JW. I escaped at 30 years old.

I even prayed for God to show me the truth and he showed me the truth I knew was not the truth.

God has answered all my prayers and I don't always follow through on what I ask for to the point

that, I don't know what to do at times. I cant complain or ask for advice or help because at times

I am my own worst enemy.

I have met people who say God never answered any of their prayers.

They were not happy people. They were not the kind of people I liked to be around.

I do battle with disbelief. I know everythning required to be an atheist.

I know all the reasons not to believe in God or the bible, but I battle to have faith and believe.

When I do, I am happier, I enjoy life more, I smile more and am more fun to be around.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" I even prayed for God to show me the truth and he showed me the truth I knew was not the truth."

That's cool. I have heard others say the same. I believed the same at one time. Here is my deal, I don't believe in "Jehovah" of the Watchtower. If there is a creator [ I still think there is..] He/She/It, is NOT the Bible GOD. Why would the Bible GOD show anyone that the Bible was extremely inaccurate and flawed? Why would the Bible GOD help me realize how violent, jealous, and vindictive YHWH was??

DD

• Londo111
    Londo111

In answer to the opening post, yes. Very much like the story of Gideon. But it’s very personal and I won't say anything more about it in a public forum.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I don't believe in Jehovah of the Watchtower either.

I cant defend or explain everything in the bible.

But I do read the bible and find comfort. Maybe I cherry pick.

There are parts of the bible that are boring and confusing.

But there are parts that are encouraging and uplifting.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I know people have answered my prayers.

The whole matter is complicated.

I believe God helps those who help themselves.

Prayer to God at times gives me the energy, the motavation, the clarity, the vision to get up, get out and help

myself.

I have always trusted in God, but I have always tied my camel. It's complicated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit