OK..Seriously..Has GOD ever answered your prayers????

by DATA-DOG 127 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotNew
    NotNew

Not that I'm aware of! Or could give credit to.

Unless he only answers the ones that can't be proven to have a Devine intervention...ones that would of happened without prayer.

I watched the Following last night, were those prayers answered? Must not of been prayers according to his will???!

Seriously Give me a break!

SW

• cult classic
    cult classic

Well considering that as a JW I was taught to pray for God's will in a matter to be done... then uh yes, they have been answered.... y'all get what I mean?

• stillin
    stillin

The most honest answer I can come up with is "I don't know."

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

What cracks me up is how some folks pray to God to help their team win a sporting event. As if God cares which team wins and can actually 'cause' the team to win. Kind of like when Tim Tebow would make a touchdown in football and then kneel, bow his head and point to the sky. Really???? Give me a break!!!! Meanwhile the prayers of terminal cancer victims go unneeded. Famines kill millions. Criminals kill and/or rape thousands of innocent people every week. God seems to have a very strange way of answering prayers.

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

In October of last year, I was dying. Literally. It was because of a rare brain disease. I won't bore you with symptoms, but it was horrible. I suffered from debilitating pain, seizures, all kinds of stuff that was almost unimaginable. I couldn't drive because of seizures, I could barely leave my house because of pain. It was truly the lowest point of my life and I didn't care anymore if I lived or died. Horrible, really, is an understatement. I couldn't find a doctor to do the surgery I needed. I saw at least a dozen in my state and I also went out of state. I tried all kinds of medications with no success. I had a big group of people praying for me at church, but I wasn't giving God control. I thought I could figure it out myself. I was a believer at this time, but I just had it in my head that I could do it all myself.

Finally, after all these doctors and meds, I decided to give up. I gave it to God, and decided to just let go and what happened would happen. I had one last doctor's appointment with a man I had never heard of that moved from Canada a couple days before. The day before the appointment, I almost cancelled it, but something told me not to. So I went. I went in to meet the doctor, talked to him for about five minutes, and he said, "I've reviewed your case already, we need to do surgery right now. No more messing around." I had a brain surgery two days later. I recovered almost immediately and I've never been better.

Once I decided to give it to God and I, myself, started praying, God sent me an amazing Neurosurgeon. After so many years of struggle and pain and almost dying, I have my life back. I know without a doubt that God hears prayer and answers exactly what we need. Sometimes it may not be right when we want it because God has a time for everything, or even in the way we expect, but He never abandons us. He is always with us, even if we feel we don't need Him sometimes. After all that, I decided to put absolutely everything in God's hands. He has shown me how much I can handle, how strong I really am, and He has been working in my life in some major ways ever since.

This wasn't my only prayer ever answered, but it was by far the greatest.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

So Enlightenment123, what credit does the doctor deserve who ACTUALLY cured you? What does the source of the contact info for the doctor deserve? Could you possibly have met with this doctor without having made this decision to let god handle things? And why did god let you get ill in the first place? If he made everything, he made your disease too.

In answer to the OP, no. I could never bring myself to be so selfish that I would want him to take time for me when there are literally billions of people suffering far worse than anything in my life possibly could be. Even as a JW child I never thought that was right. I only thanked him before dinner for the food my mom bought from the store, prepared and cooked.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, I won't say it doesn't happen. Praying for a sports team is sacrilegious, and I don't see why GOD would care about a Super-bowl when he could stop suffering. I would say if you really believe GOD answers your prayers than you better damn well spend your life helping other people.

DD

• twice shy
    twice shy

yes

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212

Yeah, when I needed exactly $466 for a house payment an old friend years ago owed me money and it came in the mail! Now I'm praying to win the Lotto!

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

Captain Obvious, the doctor is an incredible guy. I think he's a miracle worker for his excellence in my surgery. It was supposed to take four hours. It only took one.

I apologize, I should have been more clear with this. I had a doctor's appointment with another doctor and at the last minute, they switched me to the doctor from Canada. If I had seen the other doctor, he wouldn't have been able to do anything for me.

Sure, God made the disease. He lets people suffer too, for various reasons. I can't answer why. I can't answer why some people have prayers answered. I'm not God. I'm simply sharing my story. People can take it or leave it, but it won't change my opinion.

I'm spending every possible moment I can now doing what I feel I need to be doing, which is trying to get people out of this cult. I've also been able to go back to volunteering my time for places like the Salvation Army and helping others in need. My attitude is not, "Oh awesome, God answered my prayers! I'm healed! I'm going to go do whatever I want now!" Nope. I'm actively spending all my time trying to help people in any way I can. Before my surgery, I didn't even care about helping myself, much less someone else. So yeah, it has made a difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit