Why do I bother to wake up in the morning?

by punkofnice 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm sorry you feel so sad, life sucks sometimes. I don't have any advice to offer, just sympathy. I've been in that dark place in my lifetime, don't want to ever go there again. I hope you can get out of the way of the train in the tunnel and have some fun out of life yet. Don't give up!

Best wishes

Hortensia

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hortensia - I will try not to give up thx

• Heaven
    Heaven

Fred Rogers was an American educator, Presbyterian minister, songwriter, author, and television host. Rogers was most famous for creating and hosting "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" television show. "Won't you be my neighbor."

Mr. Rogers

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Geez, I so know your feelings, PunkOfNice, and all the regrets from living a life of someone else's delusion, which became even their enforced delusion.

It hurts. And it sucks. But today the sun is shining and the snow is melting and the birds are singing happily -- I know it sounds corny, but sometimes it really is the small things.

Whatever happens with your son, he is his own person and adult. All you can do is support him and be there for him. And hopefully the balances in the universe will make it all right for him... and that the justice balance will be in his favour. I don't know what to think about god anymore, so right now things are all about "universal balance" for me. Those thoughts may change as I continue this journey from the cult.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Heaven - Aha, all is revealed. I don't think we heard of him here in the uk.

Muddy - Let's hope summer brings hope ay

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

This might come across as rather corny, but there's a lyric in one of Tupac's rap songs that goes as follows:

I once contemplated suicide, but when I held that 9 all I could see was my momma's eyes.

It was a line I never gave a second thought to until I realized "the truth" wasn't the truth. I was borderline suicidal at that point. I never took steps to carry it out, but I didn't want to live anymore. Dying in my sleep would have been a welcome relief.

But during those dark times when I contemplatee how I would carry it out, I kept thinking of how much it would affect the loved ones I left behind. It wouldn't be fair to them. It doesn't even occur to you until you're in a really dark place.

Things got better. It took some time, but things improved. I haven't been anywhere near that level of depression in nearly a decade.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

NEJ - I know what you mean. I do not wanna kill myself I just want the darkness gone

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Hi - late to this festive conversation - You are in England ? Your Healthcare

may have more hidden advantages than you are now aware of. Are you low

income ? Could you be diagnosed as clinically depressed, and there fore qualify

for some kind of disabilty advantage ?

People on disability receive more health coverage.

If you can't afford meds for depression , sounds like you need some subsidy,

don't be shy researching this. All advice is useless unless you follow it,

kicking your own ass out the door and getting some exercise will help,

as will changing your diet, taking vitamins and showing up

to places where there are people (outside of Pubs).

Changing your daily routine to include helping people,

as a volunteer with some group doing something,

- they need you http://www.pcvs.co.uk/volunteer-centre/

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Villagegirl - Thank you. I will look at that link. I used to volunteer at the local soup kitchen :)

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Punky

You need somethin' to look forward too

Make a " Bucket List " while you have your health

The first thing to write on that list is how to build the extra funds to enjoy the things you look forward to

Hope everything goes well for your son

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit