Why do I bother to wake up in the morning?

by punkofnice 103 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@punk

It's not uncommon to briefly think of suicide when you go through tough problems. I believe everybody has at some point. There are many things about my life that i hate, but sometimes it's about enjoying the little things you know?

Sometimes i crack open a beer and sit down watching a movie, or play a nice video game, or anything else you enjoy and you feel joy and good feelings, even if the rest of your life is kinda shitty.

Concentrate on the little things that you enjoy. Oh and get some weed if all else fails ;)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Zed - Let's see what happens ay. Whatever is going to happen will happen despite my feelings.

Wallofj - I guess these last few years have brought me down, down, down. The only way is up I guess.

Humbled - I am gradually putting a comic strip together but I kinda lost my impetus.

Redvip - Weed makes me dark but a beer might go down well.

• Laika
    Laika

The last year has been the worst of my life, sometimes I wonder how I'll cope if I have to endure another year like this. It's hard, so hard.

I am trying to train myself not to look past the present day.

I hope you get there punk, wherever that is, and if you work it out please let me know. And I might be up in Peterborough for a wedding in August so would love to buy you a beer as well if I'm around.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Laika - A beer ay? Sounds kushti

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Hi there, punkofnice,

You are heard, embraced, and loved here.

Your honesty resonates with so many of us ...

We don't want to share some of our true hidden feelings out loud here sometimes in such a public place. But I think we need to at times like this, because it is though this sharing that so many of us can connect together on such a deeper level and try to work this thing out called life after finding out that Living Forever in pure bliss in paradise was just a dream.

How can anyone pick up the pieces of such a life and worldview after 10, 20, 40, 50 years of being a JW? But we do and try.

We cobble together what we can... but the feelings of being screwed out of so much -- normal childhoods, going off to college, having children, etc. -- continue to impact and follow us around as shadows of our past. We have to live in the beds we made as JWs, eventhough we want to jettison the past -- and sometimes our minds and hearts -- as we long for the chance to begin anew

I can SO identify with how you feel in the morning. Nights are harder for me, winding down tired to go to bed, thinking thoughts and ruminating on what was, and what will never be because of being raised as a JW. Wondering what's next... what can I do differently, what's coming around the corner?

I wish we could all meet for a beer and chips and just love on one another tonite. Hugs to you.

Phae

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Phae - Beer and chips sounds great. Thanks

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

hey punk i feel like this a lot of days indeed i didnt go to work yesterday or today because i felt this way.Birthdays will have this effect on me and you too i think,because we are reminded of the crap that we brought into in the org about never getting old and dying in this system of things.

I recommend getting a hobby to take your mind off the stresses of daily life.I play an online game world of warcraft for the past 8 years...it helps also i have taken up archery which i always wanted to do and at the age of 40...sigh i found i enjoy it.I enjoy your comments and advice also which has help me move to the view that im a deist/atheist depending on how i feel in the morning.The thing is you are not alone many here feel the way that you do i hope this feeling passes soon.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I know you are English, but if your police are like American police the mantra taught in the police academy

is to always trump up the charges.

Everything with the police is blown out of proportion.

Maybe you need anti depressants.

Life does seem bland, austere and hopelss.

And at the moment I am more like Solomon than a poor man.

I am 61 years old and have dealt with many people and their problems.

My experience tells me belief in God and the bible is the road and way to happiness.

The reason to get up.

I suspect you are a hard core atheist, forgive me if I am wrong.

But your road to recovery should be an easy one, in theory at least.

Just go through all your atheistic thoughts and put God in them.

I'm not saying this as a smart ass. I have done it and it works but you have to do it daily,

religiously like brushing your teeth, eating your dinner.

If you could see the people that have found God and happiness, then you just have to do like they do.

Read your bible and pray.

I battle with atheism daily, I know all the reasons people are atheist, I know what and how they think and I

know how it leads to your current location.

You have to become an optomist especially regarding God and the bible.

That is the medicine I am aware of. Quit peeling away the God onion and start savoring it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

20yr - Yes. I feel the best years of my life were in the WBT$ solitary confinement. Wish I was 40 again

JB - I don't know about hardcore atheist but after the borg I go along the lines of the Who song 'Won't get fooled again.'

I am so sick of all I see around me daily. My dreams are all dust. I am waiting for something to turn up to inspire me I guess. God is in the detail ay?!

• James Brown
    James Brown

Read the book of Ecclesiastes begining to end. That always helps me when I get where you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit