Why do I bother to wake up in the morning?

by punkofnice 103 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

ChickenL - I am sorry it affects you too......I sympathise. My medicine is watching Dr Who and QI.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Feeling worse in the morning is a classic sign of depression, which is a medical illness. It has nothing to do with character or trying hard. Today's meds are vastly improved over those available ten years ago. You can research side effects and be firm with your doctor. If you had heart pain, you would see a doctor. Your attitude towards mds and medicine is typical of a JW.

I suggested to a colleague that before seeing a psychiatrist she should treat herself well. We were working 80 hours a week under stress. Meds can help situational depressions. If this is your first time being in this state, it probably will be a temporary measure. With new technology, brain lesions can be seen for the major illnesses. Pyschiatry is a field of brain disorders that, unlike neurology, are affected by daily life and family circumstances. The sooner you fix the brain chemistry, the better your chances for recovery.

Perhaps you should be screened by a mental health professional. They don't usually have mds do that. You don't sound out of your mind. Tell them you do not want meds at this point. I become very blue when there is not structure or a challenge in my life. My boredom gets me. I've never had the blues in school or practice.

I don't know how long it has been since you left the Witnesses. They provide purpose for you. Oh, cognitive behavioral therapy is an alternative to meds. It has been tested as effective as meds. The problem is everyone says they do it but they don't. There are specific institutes or programs. When you are a Witness, all you hear is irrational doom.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

BoTR - Thanks friend. I left the JWs 3 years ago now. It has been a helluva ride.

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Deep down, it sounds like you do miss the Kingdom Hall

pc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Prince - The only way I'd miss it is if I didn't have a sight on my bazooka

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Punk,

Just wanted to pull you out a bit - and I am happy I did . Better days are comin'.

Cheers.

pc

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hi PoN, my granddaughter is a Whovian like you- I knew there was a reason why I love your writing.

Marina

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Prince -

Iown - Good stuff. I culled lots of expressions and sayings from Dr Who

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks to everyone that commented and PM'd me.

I really appreciate it.....no need to stop.

I am feeling slightly more optimistic today althoug I saw a phone on a dest today and felt nauseated.......how weird is that?????

I skyped with my gf last night and it really perked me up. She's wonderful......and you can tell her from me!

Big thanks folks. You are all splendid.

Regards Paul the Brit Punk!

• jhine
    jhine

Hey Punkie , I know that you don't believe ( that 's the impression you give anyway !! ) but I still have you in my prayers , and everyone on this site is here for you . Your son needs you , so hang on in there mate .

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit