Why do I bother to wake up in the morning?

by punkofnice 103 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hey Punk, if you fancy a beer sometime let me know. I'm about 90 minutes from Peterborough but could meet you halfway. Been there too bro..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Trans - Thanks. I wish I could break the monotony.......I'd love a holiday.....can't afford it at the moment.

Nic - That's kind. I will bear this in mind

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Dude. You bring much happiness to all on here, to your audience when you play, to your gf (I hope), so do what you got to do to be happy, play more, be a bit selfish, you deserve it man!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Punk, had similar thoughts myself...think it had a lot to do with devoting my "best" aka youthful years to the borg, and then finding out it was all a sham...

I think I could have dealt with it better at 40, but at 60 it just plain stinks. We went from "Yay, we'll live forever" to "Hey, I don't realistically have that many healthy years left and I let those cruds convince me to not have any money for myself." I feel your pain.

Trying hard to focus on the positive things...hey, you have a mate and I can't even find like-minded friends, so you're waaaay ahead of me!

Hope all goes well for your son's case. Somehow when we stay positive we get a better outcome, it seems...even tho that can be difficult. He's lucky to have your support!

(((hugs)))

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

PunkofNice - "Why do I bother to wake up in the morning?"

Because if you don't, you'll pee the bed.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ahhh ... Punkie.

I've recently gone through that dark tunnel myself, so I feel you.

Here's a comforting hug from across the Big Water (((((((Punk))))))).

You've made me laugh out loud so many times; please know that you are loved and valued.

If I were near you, I would make you a big ol' pot of turnip greens and have you drink a steaming mug of the pot likker.

That'll fix you!

Love and blessings.

Sylvia

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DHofH - Thanks. I try but it's not that easy.

CultBG - I guess it's all relative isn't it. Yes. I am worried about my son and guess I always will worry about my kids. Yes, wasted years in the cult awaiting pie in the sky when there isn't any.

Vidiot - I hope not. Mind you, I wouldn't pee in a pig's copper's ear if his brain was on fire.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Depression is worse in the morning. There is some biological explanation. Even when I am not depressed, I find mornings difficult. I am a night owl. Once I am with people, I feel fine. I despise the alarm clock, particularly when it still dark outside. I barely made it through this winter. My hunch is that I am not distracted early in the morning. Between college and law school, I played secretary. I could type and think about my problems in endless circles. Law school made me engage with interesting content (for me) and other students. The circular thinking stopped.

You should mention this to a doctor. I believe there are other illnesses that can trigger this am effect.

• Really?!
    Really?!

Do you exercise? I know its the last thing you feel like doing when you are feeling depressed, but if you can force yourself to do it, it really can make you feel better, even if its just a long walk in the park. Also if you don't want meds, perhaps research/consider St John's Wort. I find it really helps me, I take it normally January-March - after the excitement/bright lights of christmas is over the reality and drudge of winter set in, which triggers a depression for me every year and them my negative thoughts/resentments about my life run wild. Trying to exercise and the SJW are the things that normally save me from tipping over the edge. I know they don't fix the core problem but, for me anyway, it takes the edge off and makes life a bit more bearable.

I wish you well.

• nugget
    nugget

Life can sometimes seem more of an endurance than a gift. However your son needs you to be there for him, you are stressed by the whole thing but I am sure he is stressed too. Sometimes police get it wrong. I have sat on a jury where the evidence against the defendant was so thin it was hard to see why the case had ever come to court. He was found not guilty because the evidence to convict just wasn't there. Just because your son has been charged it does not also follow he will be convicted. That being said it is a horrible thing to face and there is the inevitable worry.

You do have a great girlfriend and a positive future 56 is not decrepit. Yes you did give up far too much time to a cult but you are not alone in that. Get out in the fresh air and get some energy back in you there is so much more to accomplish and you have less time to cram it all in than before don't let your talent go to waste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit