This is my first post

by Make Lemonade 126 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Welcome, ML. We were told that the WTBT never said that 1975 was THE end when we know they darn well did. I think it was a big scam to get the brothers to sell all their belongings and send the money to them. Shortly, the Stanley Theatre was bought and renovalted. Hmmmmm.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

renovated, rather.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome. By taking the side of the "abused ones" instead of
    the phony "glorious ones" . You should have Apostate
    celebrity status .

• breakfast of champions
  • gingerbread
    gingerbread

Your background is much like our parents - young and hoping to change the world when they found 'the truth'. This religion dovetailed right into their hopes and dream. I was in grade school when 1975 approached - I was worried that I would never get to go to high school.

Over the years our parents have changed their outlook on the organization. My father in law asked me casually a few weeks ago if I ever read jwfacts.com. I about fainted... until he said he and the wife had been looking at it and they are pretty upset about what they've realized. They moved to where the 'need was greater' in 1973.

ginger

• cha ching
    cha ching

Wkow Ginger! I am so glad to hear about other "awakening" in the 'older' community!

These forums really have helped people find a source that just did not exist before "the net."

1975.... "Don't go to college, Armageddon will be here before you can use your schooling" "We have heard some have sold their homes, and started pioneering, what great examples!" "We aren't saying exactly, but it could be MONTHS, WEEKS, who knows?!" "Six thousand years from Adam's creation to 1975, how long before Eve was created? Only that much time left before the 1,000 year rule begins"

KM 1976: "If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed, or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises."

Ambient abuse: Blaming victims for the wrongs committed to them. "AA's are classic nit-pickers who redirect attention away from their own abusive behavior by engaging in insidius forms of abuse..... http://notyourplaything.com/2013/04/05/ambient-abuse-gaslighting-effect-and-the-diabolical-personality

• BU2B
    BU2B

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on being bold and taking a firm stand. That is more than I and many others here can say. Again welcome.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your experience. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome! You are an example to many other JWs who are caught in the grinding routine. You never know how this could affect some. Thank you for your integrity and for taking a stand. I'm looking forward to further posts from you.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome, great name and a great attitude.

Thank you for taking a stand against unrighteousness. How ironic, I joined JWs in the early '80s because I thought that is what they were all about. I eventually found out I was wrong; they are a hypocritical religion no different from the others they condemn: worse, in fact, than many!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit