This is my first post

by Make Lemonade 126 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

Lost Gen: "Are you saying the case went in favor of the WTBS?

Yes, the case was dismissed at summary judgment. The judge ruled 'internal church policies are protected under first amendment rights.'

In my view, the fact that a crime occurred, that could have been prevented by better communication, was not a victory for the WTBS. The facts expose the failure of internal church policies. For example: the letters between headquarters and the local congregations are not shared with the congregation that the abuser moves to. In this case, the abuser's introductory letter actually recommended him as being 'good with children.'

You can't make this stuff up.

Sparrowdown: "do you want some ice with that lemonade"

LOL. I do like to laugh. Thanks

To all that responded: Thank you so much

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, great user name, this is the attitude that you must have to succeed in leaving the Watchtower and going on to live a great life, because living well truly is the best revenge. I am proud of you for telling the truth and standing up for a victim. It's a sad day when a group that purports to be honest would punish someone for telling the truth. They truly are "The Lie" , not "The Truth".

Lisa

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Make Lemonade, I'm glad that you are staying positive, and that you supported the victim instead of blindly following the WTBTS.

I'm sorry to hear that the judge dismissed the case in summary judgement because of first admendment rights. I'm glad that other judges have not been as narrow minded, otherwise victims of abuse could not have won judgements against the Catholic Church, or were able to settle out-of-court with the WTBTS and other religions. Was Candace Conti's attorney, Rick Simons (Office phone - 510-582-1080 Ext. 19, [email protected]) consulted about the case?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• clarity
    clarity

Huge Welcome to you Lemons...lovely to have you!

We are all very different on here ....most are awfully outspoken!

hahah.... such a great change from the watchtower!

Eye opening first post ....thanx for your participation.

Pull up a chair & let your 'hair down' ...someone is here

to listen .... 24/7!

clarity

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome ML. A huge well done for standing up for what you believe in. Always be true to yourself. In my town a man was hounded out his home and made to leave by the community after the police found thousands of images of children on his PC, yet the same time the JWs refused to cooperate with the police when asked about a pedophile in their congregation! Us 'wordly' people are disgusted by pedo's actions, JWs want to protect them!

I wish you peace and happiness in your journey through life.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm pleased you had the sense to toss that bucket.

Welcome to your New World.
    Black Sheep

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Good attitude ! I am confident you will enjoy the rest of your life. Lesve them to their empty wells and lemon distribution!

welcome x

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome ML glad to have you on board .Apart from the case you were reffering to we would love to hear what you can safely say about other matters . Your first post sounds like a mature adult whose experiences could help and encourage many of us , some who are still in because of family and others , like myself who take comfort and encouragement from people who make a life for themselves after leaving the borg.

I`m an average educated , now senior citizen , retired person who fortunately chose the right employment , despite the rcommendations of the G,B to go and put your all into the full time service. And I stand in awe at some of the subjects , depth of knowledge that some of these posters have and the freedom to express their veiws without sanctions . I look forward to more of your posts.

smiddy

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Welcome ML. Thank u for sharing...

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Lemonade, welcome to JWN. Thank you for posting your story so far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit