This is my first post

by Make Lemonade 126 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jgnat
    jgnat

Trumpet

This is how you make the blah-blah sound. A trumpet muffle.

• jgnat
    jgnat

To be heard, I listen. Then I ask a question. I pause for the answer.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Make Lemonade, I missed this post because I haven't been on much lately. It is wonderful to hear of someone taking a stand and doing the right thing even if it means losing almost everyone in your life. It takes courage and I am glad your wife is out with you, it sure does make it much easier to have the support of your mate. Your story is very interesting and I hope everthing works out for the victim and their family. The best thing you can do is get involved in other activities and meet new people because it is the best revenge when we live a happy and productive life. My husband and I came out 23 months ago together.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

jgnat: I appreciate what you do. You should know that people are listening when you speak.

Aunt Fancy: That is good to hear. You are so right to say that it is a help to have the support of your mate. Slowing down to let your loved ones catch up is a noble thing to do.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Please tell your wife I understand the cost of doing the right thing. I thank you both for taking a stand.

I also have seen behind the curtain, my little family has been forever changed because of doing the right thing and no matter how hard it has been and continues to be we would do it all again. A clean conscience is worth all the hardships.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Welcome ML. It's encouraging to know that there are some JW with integrity and care about victims more than saving face for the WT.

• Make Lemonade
    Make Lemonade

truthseekeriam: My wife will be home from work very soon. She will love to read what you have said. Thanks for saying what you did.

Stealth: Perhaps there are many more witnesses that would change their minds if the true facts could reach them. We all understand the thinking that does not allow the facts to penetrate the mindset. I admit it took a lot to allow me to see the real watchtower.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Yum, yum, yum, those chops were gooood!

My hubby has turned out to be a pretty good cook :-)

Our experience, with this "case", has been so revealing...We like to say "that's how the Watchtower dog hunts."... and it does.

In this congregation, things have gotten very "legal" in the way things are spoken about and done. One poor sister, about to commit suicide, was not given any help, because of the legal stance of her involvement in the 'case'. What choice did she have? Call the elders? no... Her husband? no.... MY husband? yes.... He was the only one willing to help. He wasn't worried about "how will this effect the case?" Really, after all of the wolves/lawyers circled, and we were not attending meetings, people still came to us.... they liked us, they valued us, we helped them.

When the case was 'dismissed,' three uber elders (as my husband says) ( I would say 'bethel loving') were moved in from around the area to take over, they played their games: "We love you, come back, we want to help you" & when their token visits had been done, and then their true motives were revealed... the announcements were made, "so and so are no longer JW's."

I wasn't df'd, but my mom won't give me her cell phone number, etc.... My sister and brother in law went to my son, after taking the sides of the lawyers and elders, and tried to "rescue" him & his wife... from "us."... Behind our back. Yay! my son is smarter than that!

My daughter-in-law wasn't df'd but all those cheery, friendly, help taking JW friends at work treat her like a leper. Her bosses noticed, and made a comment... They don't like it, so I am sure she feels a bit more secure.. after all, they USE to see the "world wide love of JW's" before my husband and son took a stand for the victim of abuse.

All because you "do the Christian thing."

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

(Marking for later)

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Welcome ML

Ice in veins is right!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit