What do you love about being a JW?

by FL_Panthers 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

1. Fairy tales; 2. Delusion; 3. Ignorance; 4. Gossip; 5. The fact that the "end" came in 1975, and, as Forrest Gump says, that's one less thing.

• humbled
    humbled

If God runs the world the way the WT says he does, and the Big "A" comes, I don't want to live with the people that are his special people anyway. I'd rather die.

• kokyong.soon3
    kokyong.soon3

I love to have a close relationship with Jehovah

• ingimar
    ingimar

As my son said "Even if the Big A happens and there is a Paradise Earth ( which there isn't) and if there are only JWs in it. I would rather be dead"!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Wasting 40 years was great and i'm with Outlaw the overlapping generations are the dead ones being piled up together in the graveyards.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

how would you feel if the end came soon?

The 'what if' logical fallacy.

what if....unicorns exist in my bum? What if......chicken little is a serious story? What if.........the WBT$ is a cult? What if...what if...blah blah!

im assuming

Never assume.

that when armaggedon comes,

It won't. There is nothing in the bible that actually speaks of a 'paradise earth(TM)' it is the invention of the WBT$. Check out the original language and context.

you guys are still going to saying "I'm glad I left! Even tho I'm going to do die, leaving the truth was so much better"

Appeal to fear fallacy. Who wants to live in a world run by the WBT$?

Delusion is a terrible thing. God doesn't exist so neither does all the lunatic assumptions religions make in his name.

I suspect 'troll'. This is far too silly even for a R&F JW to persist with.

I'm out of this thread.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hey Punk,

Good answers, it's good for lurkers if you join in. Trolls give us a debate. I suspect he is confused about one or two things as well.

Kate xx

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

"For those who left the truth or who are inactive etc I have one question for you:

how would you feel if the end came soon? Like next year?

you guys might have your own reasons for leaving but would you say that's better than everlasting life? life in a peaceful new world?

im assuming that when armaggedon comes, you guys are still going to saying "I'm glad I left! Even tho I'm going to do die, leaving the truth was so much better"

thoughts?"

Panthers - nice attempt to tap into the phobias deeply embedded in the psyches of born-in Witnesses who have gone through the pain of leaving the org by trying to get them to feel they have put themselves at risk by leaving the safety of the organisation. Nasty piece of attempted psychological manipulation!

I have three questions for you:

1. Where do you get off being so arrogant that you think not only that humanity as we know it will end during your lifetime but also that you and 1 in a 1000 others are the only ones capable of recognising this?

2. Why can't you see that the past helps us to understand the future and that failed prophecies of imminent Armageeddon for over 100 years by the organisation and it predecessors makes fears that it will happen either imminently or at all completely irrational?

3. How will you feel in 5, 10, 20 or 30 years time when the penny finally drops and you see you wasted your life believing the lies of a misleading and manipulative organisation?

Cheers

Fraz

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

If the end came next year I would congratulate god after destroying the WT and its JW followers for finally ridding the earth of false prophets, false teachers, and those like you that set themselves up as judges who have concluded that all those not like you deserve death

I would give him a nice high five

• FL_Panthers
    FL_Panthers

Sorry to cause any offence (If I did).

who going to the memorial?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit