What do you love about being a JW?

by FL_Panthers 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Panthers...have you got the big AA.....Armageddon Anxiety? That's not uncommon. Just relax. You will get over it!

Rules made for proection..yes, protecting paedophiles and protecting you from playing ice-hockey! :-P

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

So many things- The feeling of moral superiority; the lack of education and social skills; not having to depend on my own conscience to decide things. But what I love the most is shopping for what house and land I'm going to have after Jehovah destroys the bad people that currently reside there. I'd like something with an ocean view.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

how would you feel if the end came soon? Like next year?

The real question is; how would you feel if, after spending your entire life as a JW, you find out it isn't true?

If you are ok with that then you might be in the right place.

I personally didn't have a bad time as a JW but there came a time for me to start living my life differently.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Panther, I'm going to the Memorial. We're meeting off-site this year.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sorry to cause any offence (If I did)..........who going to the memorial?.....FL_Panthers

WBT$ Memorial/Ignore Jesus Day..

?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!..

I can Ignore Jesus at home..

........................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Aurelius
    Aurelius

To FL Panthers

I beleive that Armeghdon will eventually arrive. Please show me where in the Bible it teaches that only JWs will survive Armeghdon. I am aware of scriptures which teach that practicers of xyz will not enter the Kingdom and that you must love your neighbour, you must be born again to enter the kingdom and that Jesus is the way, truth and life, etc, etc, etc. but I cannot find any passages of scripture that teach that you must be JWs to survive.

If being a JW was a gauranteed way to survive Armeghdon then surely God who loves us and does not wish any of his children to perish would have made this crystal clear without any doubts whatsoever.

If it was so obviously 'the truth' then why are JWs constantly being reminded that they are in 'the truth' and that this is the true religion. If is was such a great religion 'spiritual paradise' then why aren't people streaming into it?

• nugget
    nugget

The rules are not there to protect the flock they are there to protect the organisation. The rules do not prevent premarital sex, molestation, drunkeness, strife, adultery, stealing, cruelty, violence, incest, misery and broken homes. The rules cause people to hide behaviour and conform to a code of silence.

The rules cause people to put trust in men who are ill equipped to deal with complex issues leading to long term damage and mental anguish.

You are not protected anymore than sheep in a pen outside a slaughter house are protected, you are just controlled and will be sacrificed to the hubris of a cult if the need arises.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

My life is the sum total of everything that occured to me throughout my life up to this very moment. Given the fact that I am happy now suggests that the first 35 years of my life as a JW, while painful, set me on course to where I am today.

And no, I am not going to the memorial.

I wish you well Panther, but you have a long way to go.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Well, I only read a couple of responses, but I really enjoyed the question! I'm sure others may have similar reasons.

--

What I love about being a JW :

I love that I haven't had to think for myself in over twenty years; the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses tells me what to think and what to do.

I love that I don't have to ever worry about being rich and successful and then lose it all.

I love that as a JW I've never lived beyond my means, cuz there wasn't anything left over.

I love that little or no education or common sense is required to become a JW!

I love that I didn't date imperfect Brothers and gave up worldly guys to just truste in Jhvh/gb that in the new system I would live the real life.

I love that I didn't have or adopt children because without an education or decent job I would have a hard time supporting them.

I love that at the age of thirty and onward I stopped having a social life because all those in my age group were married in their teens and 20's and I never had to be a third wheel!

I love that I never saw anything in shades of gray; black and white was good enough for me.

I love that as a JW I faithfully adhered to no Birthdays or holidays and was able to display my stance at every occasion.

I love that I never volunteered my time, energy or money to any worldly organization, as their impact would only help in the here and now, but not in the future.

I love that I secretly hoped all my loved ones would die before Armageddon, cuz I wanted them to have a resurrection in new system as they were not interested in becoming JW's.

Happily they are all dead.

• kaik
    kaik

Panthers, there is not truth in man made religious publishing house. If anyone should fear Armageddon, it should be JW for misrepresenting true meaning of Christianity, devaluating position of Jesus, and defy commands of love and compation. Jesus does not have whatsoever common with publishing nuthouse located in Brooklyn that made is fortune by inventing false teaching. Jesus never said that salvation is within crooked WT that without any proof decides to speak on his behalf. You even cannot get the Jesus kingdom righ. 100 years ago WT claimed that he rules since 1874 and past 80 years is it from 1914.

If you have to choose, would you rather follow WT ark over the Lake of Fire or would you rather directly ask God and Jesus for salvation? I absolutely do not want anything common with religion that lacks compassion, never participated in charity, does not run hospitals and hospices, destroy families, undermines god's given abilities to learn and self-improve, protect pedophiles, and believe that service to God is measured by number of tracts and brochures distributed on the street.

I was not on memorial for almost 20 years. By sitting there and not partaking as you do, you show that you reject Jesus sacrifice. Jesus never indicated that only handfull annoited ones should participate while the rest idle and watch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit