What do you love about being a JW?

by FL_Panthers 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

scary21:

Getting warm fresh baked bread after was the best part.

If only there were some other way of getting warm freshly baked bread without the woefully boring 'FS' part.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Warm fresh baked bread! That is too bad, my mom baked double layered chocolate cakes! You got a bad deal!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

There was this lovely couple who were pioneers and he was an elder (he was Cambridge educated) and a book dealer.

He used to lead FS on a weekday day and his wife ALWAYS brought flasks of tea and coffee and biscuits. They were genuinely kind people. She, unfortunately, died of cancer last year. I am so sad for him.

There were some lovely people in my variousl KH's and even though I don't agree with their views, I guess I will always love them.

• nightvision
    nightvision

only one thing .

The Sisters .

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I loved the idea of living forever in paradise. I loved the idea that God was going to feed the hungry, end painful illnesses, end wars and give everyone a roof over their heads. I was young and I knew nothing about the world because I was discouraged from reading and my parents had little formal education.

The elders (so my husband told me) just fought one another for power in their meetings. My husband, when he was made an elder thought they would be talking about how to help the brothers who were ill or depressed! Not at all they were too busy fighting to visit the sick and they just dismissed the brothers who were depressed as nutters.

Panthers, I pioneered for ten years and my husband pioneered for fifteen. At one point I told the CO I might have to stop because I was so ill. He got his wife to work with me in FS and encourage me to continue. I told her I was tired all the time. She said 'I'm tired, the CO is tired, we're all tired but we just have to keep going.' That was over thirty years ago Panthers, goodness knows how tired they are now waiting for that New System. You are young, you don't know what's really going on in this religion. If you care about truth then why don't you read Crisis of Conscience and see what happened in Brooklyn Bethel in the eighties? The truth can't hurt you can it?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Feeling ultra-special. I thought was part of a select group that was proving themselves to be better than the rest of humanity.

-Aude.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Truth is a wonderful thing. It does not change. It does not get adjusted. Truth stands on ots own and doesn't need rules and regulations from Brooklyn to force it into being.

Truth doesn't need 'new l

ght®' to alter it.

Truth is not something you can be 'in'.

Truth does not require one to count the hours on a slip of paper because you gave a tract to someone who won't read it.

Truth does not forbid you to wear a beard in the cult compound.

Truth is not conditional like the love you find in the Jehovahs witness cult. Truth is unconditional.

Truth is nothing like the trademarked brand that the watchtower® uses as loaded language to fool cult members into believing they are doing right.

Real truth is not a delusion.

I also love the truth that all earthly organizations that allegedly were Jehovah's' people took earthly kings governing body and fell into apostacy and were lovingly murdered by Jehovah. Think about it!

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I find it an embarassment that I could have been such a fool.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

You were victimized by a cult, Dis-member, so don't beat yourself up, it's not your fault that you were lied to and manipulated.

Be glad you finally did break free, however long it took.

• KateWild
    KateWild

What do I love about the truth? What do I love about WT?

Theae are two different questions. Many love truth and want to be treated honestly by others. I would say we all dislike being lied to. The truth can bring us closer to one another if we are truly honest, but not all JWs are honest, sadly many have harmed others. I myself have been a victim at the hands of a JW.

I don't love anything about the WT, I have many dear love ones trapped in WT that no longer speak to me. I respect certain JWs as individuals, but WT as an organisation there is nothing I love about it.

Panthers, I think you are on a high beacuase you have just been made a MS. It feels good to be needed and valued and that how being made a MS makes people feel. I am glad you are happy, but there are many that have suffered injustices at the hand of JWs who follow WT policies that are harmful, not everyone gets treated as well as you have been treated, and believe me it doesn't last.

Take care Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit