One aspect of evolution that does not make sense.....

by EndofMysteries 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OTWO - did you even read those 2 horrible articles you linked?

.......So which of the two do you believe?

I am not an expert. But there are differing theories. My point was that us non-experts are not even working on theories, just inability to comprehend. The opening post suggests that living chameleons have no way of knowing how to mutate so the process doesn't make sense to the non-expert. But even us non-experts can learn that that isn't the way evolution works.

As far as those links, I read them. I get that they suggest conflicting things, but they show that if someone reads and examines and learns, they can come up with reasons for the evolution that took place. Whether one theory is flawed more than the other or both need work, things like that happen.

To me, even if EOM was not suggesting that evolution is false because he doesn't understand a few things, it comes out that way. That sounds just like fundamentalists who say some isolated thoughts on irreducible complexity prove that evolution is not true. But in reality, they just are at a normal education level and their minds cannot conceive how irreducible complexity just is not the reality they think it is.

I doubt that science is done changing some of their evolution theories. But it is pretty easy to look up some of the different theories out there and stop saying "I don't get how .... that can be done."

I made a simple post in the early part of this thread to say "That's not how it works" and many others made the point way better than I did, but EOM just plowed past those points and repeated basically, "I don't get how..... that can be done."

Well, I don't get how ballet can be done, but others do. I don't get how a rough diamond can be cut into a a masterfully crafted symetrical thing of beauty but some with the training can get it. Even if I never get how it's done, it's clear that someone out there does get it.

• Viviane
    Viviane

So now the te debate has ended and it's turned into people not liking the way their questions were answered and Space Madness calling names.

If you don't like the way your questions are answered, put in the work to come up with a better answer. It's not complicated.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can't explain anything to do with evolution or whatever it's called. I just know that god doesn't exist. I'm just getting on with my life now, no explanations about why I'm here matter to me because one day I won't be here, I'll be gone. Nowhere. Non existant.

I'm just getting on with life....crap as it is!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The book I mentioned is a textbook, which may seem like an odd suggestion, however they are designed to be read to form an understanding from scratch. Also textbooks are updated in edition according to the latest research.

importanlty textbooks provide you with the whole picture, Evolution as a theory by itself requires much study and many years learning. A textbook will give you a summary of what we currently know in genetics, zoology, cell biology, and abiogenesis. It will take effort, but answer all your questions Before you can think to ask them as we have been asking the questions for 150 years now.

I found secular books by biologists and alike very good, but they assume a certain level of education. I came to this issue as a JW and didn't even know what science was, at age 26. I didn't know who scientists were and what they did. That textbook changed my life, so that is why I always mention it. You can get an older edition for about $20 or £15. That will suffice. Once you have the foundation knowledge, you can educate yourself on the recent developments.

Just to lastly clarify how a textbook is developed. Research is done by a scientist, they write a paper with the results, the scientific community peer review the findings, repeat the experiments, add to them etc. on rare occasions if there is fault found, they are redacted. Every 5 years or so, the science publishing industry collate all the data and publish it in the form of a textbook. Hence, we are encouraged to not use data or textbooks more than ten years old. I am currently on a cardiology ward and A+E, the lectures we had on managing many cardiology scenarios 2years ago are already out of date, with new research, new guidelines and new protocols in place. Maybe this will help put into perspective the arguments christians still use from 120 years ago, long, long ago put right by science. The christians lazily don't keep up to date with the research, but then again why would they, what would their motive be, it is counter productive for them. I was astonished at how little i knew or understood about modern human knowledge and also I am staggared at how behind christian denominations can be in their world view regarding biology, physics, chemistry and world history. ButI am acutely aware that included me not that long ago.

Sorry for the waffle x

Snare

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit