One aspect of evolution that does not make sense.....

by EndofMysteries 153 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

"Evolution Made Simple" - really a book or just youtube videos?

Hi LV. It was the first book I read on the subject about 18 years ago. Looks like I got the title wrong. It was one of a series of books on all sorts of topics.

it may have been this one - Evolution, A beginners guide... but I couldn't swear to it.

• cofty
    cofty

I haven't read physical books but I've read research, articles, notes, scholarly articles, etc, on evolution online. - EOM

And yet your comments on this thread show you still don't grasp the absolute basics.

Please read some books. How do you think you can debate something you don't begin to understand?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Cofty - " How do you think you can debate something you don't begin to understand?"

That is objective is it not?

Have you ever debated about or brought up in any debate Genesis chap 1 and 2 when talking about science and the bible?

I bet you do not understand those 2 chapters at all.

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

But I think that Space Madness was the one who came into the conversation specifically to stir the pot. His posts here and here were more or less trolling.

Really? You are a special type of stupid. In the post that you claim I was "trolling" I made the exact same observation you made, which is everyone was just brushing off EOM's question by telling him to read a book. I even complimented you for being the only one to give a serious non-condesing response and you say I'm "trolling". You sir are an idiot. Next time you think I'm trolling why don't you just call me out on the spot rather than insulting me behind my back you coward.

By the way your response to bohm on how magnets works just shows how much of a dumbass you truly are. "The magnet is being pulled by atomic forces inside itself." WTF does that even mean? A two second google search could of given you a better answer than that you assclown.

• cofty
    cofty

I bet you do not understand those 2 chapters at all.

You would lose your money. It is a fact that your posts demonstrate a woeful understanding of evolution.

Read some books. Take a few years to get your heads round the basics.

• LV101
    LV101

Cofty - Thanks/appreciate. I know you've listed the suggested reading materials for neophytes a thousand times but I panicked thinking I missed the most basic! Need all the help I can get.

Thanks - keep care.

LV

• cofty
    cofty

Check out Dr Zachery Moore's podcast series called Evolution 101. It's excellent and you can download the episodes in mp3 and listen to them any time. The transcripts are also online.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Also, I found talkorigins.org very informative. They have intro papers there that are written quite well. All free, of course.

MMM

• LV101
    LV101

snare&racket - That's one pricey book you've recommended above - 'Biology,' -- new, anyway. I'm sure it's worth it and I will probably order - thanks for listing for us.

LV

• LV101
    LV101

Cofty - yes, there a book entitled, "Evolution, a Beginner's Guide" and I ordered.

I really think you should write an evolution book for dummies plus throw in a few of your lines about religion being "superstitious nonsense," etc. It would be a best seller - seriously!

Loved your comment on one of the posts day ago or so about the "great country" being the object/subject, whatever, of ridicule. You (and a couple others) are a household name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit