BREAKING MY SILENCE EVERYONE READ!!!

by D8TA 85 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hilda,
    Many here have been personally effected by the borg, and it is hard to be objective when you have been brutalized mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and in the case of those molested, physically. Objective? Maybe not, but it doesn't mean their experiences aren't real. Their feelings are valid.
    So, the number 23,000 bothers you? In my opinion, it is probably higher than that. I lived in places all over the country, and I was in many congregations. I think statistically, and judging from the number of cases that have come to light, that the number is valid, perhaps conservative.
    People giving Bill a verbal pat on the back is a good thing. What he is going through is very difficult, and he has lost family members over it. He needs to know that he has support. There is nothing wrong with that. I have talked to Bill on many occasions, and can readily tell you that he is a sincere person, and not out for personal gain.
    Have you talked to him? Do you kmow him? Be careful not to judge him.
    Jesus had plenty to say on that topic.

Your comment that JWs should verify everything is interesting. JWs don't do that. When they start to verify things, they leave the borg, because it doesn't take long to realize that they have been deceived.

cb

• sf
    sf

JJ...

Most excellent dude!

Do you, uh, yahoo?

sKally

If man was supposedly created in gods image, then.....holy krap...we're all doomed.-sKallyWagger

“What a blessing such integrity keepers are to the congregation!”(5/15/02 WT magazine, pg. 27)

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dear black:

:Hilda,
    Many here have been personally effected by the borg, and it is hard to be objective when you have been brutalized mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and in the case of those molested, physically. Objective? Maybe not, but it doesn't mean their experiences aren't real. Their feelings are valid.:

I can understand the plight of those who have been abused. I myself have suffered abuse that is real hard to talk about these days. Karen Armstrong also underwent abuse at the hands of the beloved Catholic Church. Poor lady. Karen has bounced back and now produces objective work, my friend. It takes time but victims can recover.

I do not expect victims of abuse to be objective shortly after abuse of any kind occurs. They have been hurt. But I feel it is wrong to present one's subjective feelings as if they are objective. I also feel it is wrong to skew data in one's favor at such times.

:So, the number 23,000 bothers you? In my opinion, it is probably higher than that. I lived in places all over the country, and I was in many congregations. I think statistically, and judging from the number of cases that have come to light, that the number is valid, perhaps conservative.:

We cannot be subjective here, my dear. Too much is at stake. A hard scientific approach is needed in cases of this nature. The social sciences do not survive on guesses and emotions. There are times when even the mystic must step aside for scientific inquiry, dear black.

:People giving Bill a verbal pat on the back is a good thing. What he is going through is very difficult, and he has lost family members over it. He needs to know that he has support. There is nothing wrong with that.:

I agree. There is nothing wrong with edification. Just make sure that we encourage for the right reasons, right causes, and that we do not overdo it, my friend.

:I have talked to Bill on many occasions, and can readily tell you that he is a sincere person, and not out for personal gain.
    Have you talked to him? Do you kmow him? Be careful not to judge him.
    Jesus had plenty to say on that topic.:

I have not talked to Mr Bowen. Just read his posts and read where others pat him on the back. I was waiting for him to tell others not to pat him on the back anymore (Acts 12:21-23). Alas! It was not to be in the cards.

:Your comment that JWs should verify everything is interesting. JWs don't do that. When they start to verify things, they leave the borg, because it doesn't take long to realize that they have been deceived.:

What did the beloved apostle say? Make sure of all things--hold fast to that which is fine (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

Everyone of us, JW or not, should heed the admonition of the apostle.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I got your email Jay. I wish I had thought of that but at the time I was DF'd I was deathly afraid of the Elders. Now I laugh at them and how everyone puts them on a pedestal.

By the way, sign me up for the apastofest NW. Shoot me an email; it's always open.

Dear Lord, please save me from your followers.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hilda,
    I'm about to leave to spend this beautiful day with someone special.
    Time will tell as to whether the numbers are correct. If even one child was molested, it was too many. I personally know of many, so we'll see.
    My advice? Talk to Bill before you draw any conclusions about him.
    Research, research, research.
    The Bible does say "make sure of all things." Too bad most jws don't think that applies to what the wt says. I was fortunate that my Dad, an elder for many years, taught me to question. If he was alive today, he'd be the loudest voice here. It was that background that gave me the strength to leave the borg.

Many here are at various stages of recovery. Part of the recovery process is expressing anger. Eventually, you move on. For some the pain is fresh.
    Their feelings are normal under the circumstances. Attacking them or discrediting them is just plain ignorant. This is a place to give them a voice, a voice that was silenced while they were part of the borg.

So Hilda, learn more about the subject before trying to stir up things here. You may be sincere, but you don't come across that way.
    Really. Just being honest.

cb

• one
    one

hey you all wannabe

File the complaint at a Federal Court, $150 if you do it yourself. No charge if your are poor * TRIAL BY JURY.

They give you all the instructions. You will be the plaintiff and they will be the defendants.

You will have to be very specific regarding the complaint, dates etc. quote the law. You will have 1 year to react (sue, complaint) to the damages produced.

*FEDERAL COURT. If the persons involved live in different USA states. Or COUNTRY ("diversity) and the claim is above 75k$. Or if the complaint is a violation of a FEDERAL law, bill of rights, Constitution etc. (can anyone draw it using logic gates?)

I just filed one. AND just before that i took another complaint to the state SUPREME Court. the Judge (a jerk) made 8 mistakes (errors). The appellate Court ALSO was stupid to eunough to dismiss due to a typo error I made.

The appellate court should be 3 judges AND in their decision they must tell if they all approved the decision or what. In my case the decision do not specify if all three approved the decision. THAT was the first mistake (appalate court made at least 6 which i spelled out to the supreme) the appallate court made, and now they will be facing the Supreme, for their career record.

No big deal Jurisprudence is on my side.

Do your home work...

sorry for the ranting, just my experience

• Solace
    Solace

Jay, Jay he's our man!
    If he cant do it no one can!

Hilda,
    you said,
    "You are a potty mouth--full of gutter talk. Find Christ and you will put away such filthy speech, dear. Quell that anger".

When trying to make a point here, it is good to refrain from telling others what to do or not to do. No human is in control of anyone but themselves. Frankly most of us are fed up with controlling and judgemental people. Who are you to tell anyone to "quell their anger"? or that they are "Full of gutter talk"?!

Jays post said so much about his strength and personal growth but you decide to comment on a couple of words in his post that you find to be "filthy speech".
    He said so much more, how could you not see that?!

I didnt find out the truth about the W.T.S untill I was able to open my mind and look at the whole picture. I stopped reading only one assigned scripture and following up with the watchtower. I began reading the entire page of the bible and evaluating it myself. Only then I saw its true meaning, In other words I took the watchtower blinders off. Please think about that. Are you only seeing what you are told to see or are you seeing whats actually in front of you.

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dear "heaven":

:When trying to make a point here, it is good to refrain from telling others what to do or not to do. No human is in control of anyone but themselves. Frankly most of us are fed up with controlling and judgemental people. Who are you to tell anyone to "quell their anger"? or that they are "Full of gutter talk"?!:

I only suggested that Mr Jay quell his anger and I expressed my honest opinion (exercising my freeness of speech) when I said he is full of gutter talk. Is this not a free speech zone?

:Jays post said so much about his strength and personal growth but you decide to comment on a couple of words in his post that you find to be "filthy speech".
    He said so much more, how could you not see that?!:

I saw what he said. All of it, dear! A little leaven ferments the whole lump. Filth and what is clean do not come out of the same spring.

:I didnt find out the truth about the W.T.S untill I was able to open my mind and look at the whole picture. I stopped reading only one assigned scripture and following up with the watchtower. I began reading the entire page of the bible and evaluating it myself. Only then I saw its true meaning, In other words I took the watchtower blinders off. Please think about that. Are you only seeing what you are told to see or are you seeing whats actually in front of you.:

You do not understand the mystic, my friendly lady. The mystic listens to no one but God. I am one with Christ and he is one with me. I am in him and he is in me; we are united as husband and wife. Got that? I am only accountable to the law of my husband and the Lawgiver.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Oops, Hilda,
    You gave yourself away. You have the jw vocabulary. Very distinctive, and easily recognizable. Your anger is showing too.
    Don't council others without first looking at yourself. This is getting interesting, but I'm on my way out the door.

cb

• HildaBingen
    HildaBingen

Dear black:

:Oops, Hilda,
    You gave yourself away. You have the jw vocabulary. Very distinctive, and easily recognizable.:

I have not yet affirmed or denied my affiliation with the JW organization. I prefer to think of myself as a free soul who floats in the clouds, dear.

:Your anger is showing too.
    Don't council others without first looking at yourself. This is getting interesting, but I'm on my way out the door.:

I am not angry, dear black. What on earth gave you that idea? Because I used exclamation marks? Excuse the expression, but heavens no. I am as serene as a flowing river just eddying along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit