New & Anxious

by SecretHeart11 63 Replies latest members private

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Wow! Thank you everyone so much for the love and concern! My heart feels a little less heavy today because I could finally share my true feelings without feeling guilty or judged. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Just as a little bit more background on the situation with my husband. He has struggled with depression since he was a teenager. While I don't think it's caused by being a witness it is compounded a thousand times over by his feelings of worthlessness. He only got baptized as an adult so we could get married. I have shared quite a few things in recent months in the form or doubts bothering my conscience. (ie, we are all ultimately responsible before Jehovah for ourselves, but we are not allowed to decide what we believe. 'what if I don't believe x, I believe y. We are not supposed to do something that bothers our conscience, this is why they say it's ok the bethel family celebrated all those terrible holidays, they didn't know it was wrong so it didn't bother their conscience. ;) So what if it bothered my conscience to believe x. I shouldn't do it right? But I'll be ousted from the congregation. They may even 'clarify' it years later to y. But I would have been removed from the congregation already. That doesn't make sense!

I've also shared little nuggets but I need to be even more subtle going forward because I did over-share one night in desperation. He doesn't know I am on here or how I came to any conclusion I've reached. He didn't judge when I poured my heart out, in fact said he had a lot of the same questions years ago but he just 'trusts Jehovah will work it all out'. And if they're wrong about the blood or disfellowshipping then J will just resurrect everyone anyway, so no big deal.

I even likened the rules about every small little thing that is either outrightly not biblical (beards) to the things that should be conscience matters (um, everything else?!) with the lengthy rules the Pharisees had like washing to the elbow and how Jesus. Rebuked them for it. He agreed that the rules were stupid but that in Paradise are we really going to be sad that we couldn't celebrate birthdays or have a beard for a few years?

He has elders in his family so he knows a not about the child abuse issues a little. I asked him what if our kids were abused and they told us not to go forward to authorities and the same person molested more children? Wouldn't Jehovah hold US responsible? When Jesus saw the money changers in the temple did he quietly hide them within? No! He went up and flipped their tables and drove them out!

Anyway, Im starting to ramble. Long story short, thank you all for the support. Having here to vent my thoughts and speak with like-minded people will help me be more careful going forward.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

James Jackson, I have no idea why he left because I wasn't as close with their family in recent years but it still came as a shock to me. I don't feel comfortable seeking him out just yet because I don't want to be outted. I've only shared doubts with an out family member who I trust 100% to never push me in either direction and with my husband. Beyond that I trust no one. We have been blacklisted socially because we are rarely at meethings. No one bothers to find out the reasons were originally because of health issues on my part and constant hospital visits for our youngest. Our only shepherding calls were to encourage more meetings and field service. Nothing when we revealed the near death-sentence of our youngest. Such loving Christians. :(

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Jgnat (is there a way to reply directly to someone to alert them?). I have actually really enjoyed reading your posts and have taken a lot of comfort reading about your situation with your husband. Good work!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My family are not aware that I am doing this and they are already wary of me for not being conventional,

New Members, be sure you know how to clear your computer's surfing memory.

Many have been "caught" by failing to erase such things.

Doc

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Better yet, buy yourself your own iPostate Pad and lock it.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

SecretHeart click on the persons username then click on the envelope button on the top of the screen or then look for a tab that says send message, you can send a private message just to that person.

Plus a, welcome from a Non jw, married to a almost 30 year inactive, raised from birth as a jw, and now contemplating returning to get baptised husband..... eek.

This forum will porve to be an invaluable source of support and information for you, like it has for me.

In the same topic of DOC, I have learned to use private browsing on my internet explorer or firefox when coming here so nothing is tracked.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Yes I have made sure to use this site only on my phone in a private browser. I added a pass code to my phone. I had a close call once leaving my phone in the hall, with safari up and open to crisis of conscience, without a pass code. About threw up but got it in time, without anyone touching it. Learned my lesson and am now very careful!

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

That was close; leaving your phone at the Hall. I have to always clear my history so that my wife does not see all the ex JW sites I visit.

By the way, it was after reading COC that lead me to start posting on this site!

• humbled
    humbled

Welcome, Secret Heart,

Just reading these posts on the need for secrecy and you nearly "three up" (sick I mean "sic") tells us what a truly SICK religion this is!

Maeve

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

WELCOME!!! I a so glad your child is ok. I had relatives that were "tested" in that way. They did not give their child blood. The court ordered it-bit it was hopeless by then. I don't know that blood would have made a difference earlier, but he would have had a chance and then his parents would not be tormented wondering if they could have done more, you know? In any case, the parents divorced and neither stayed active as JWs. His mom is likely DF'd (really nice lady) and his dad died. I'm glad your family was not put through more. And yeah, its so sweet how they send the blood police out during a time of crisis...

Pay attention to the lessons others have learned here. Be subtle, be wary. Take your time. You already stopped going to hall, just find some other things to occupy your lives on meeting nights to make it really hard to get to hall. Do your best to avoid the memorial (don't want to remind anyone that you are there since they have seemingly forgot your existance!). Get your kids in scouts and sports. Enjoy life like a nice wholesome American family. Don't play the WT game anymore than you have to to keep under the radar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit