New & Anxious

by SecretHeart11 63 Replies latest members private

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Hello. I am fairly new here as well and it took me ages to sign up then I ran away from the computer scared as could be. My family are not aware that I am doing this and they are already wary of me for not being conventional, so I understand your "lurking". I have been taught all about these evil apostate sites and found out that they were not that at all. Sure there are some very angry people out there, but I have found some really great sites too. Try Berean Pickets. They are really good at analysing each weeks WT without fear of retribution. That site along with this one, has started my confidence to go on the rise after so much devastation to my beliefs and emotions of late. I found very little kindness in the org, and have stayed away from the meetings more or less for the last year after too many nasty critical people could not let up on me for the way I dressed, the way I wore my hair, Even the drawings that I do!!!!

Have courage. I have not had anyone hurt me on this site and I'm positive you will be safe.

Kind thoughts to you

• designs
    designs

Welcome

• Fernando
    Fernando

A warm welcome SecretHeart11!

Many if not most here understand exactly what you are going through at this time.

It is a process and takes time.

Anxiety under the circumstances is common and "normal".

Maybe you could start focussing on family activities and outings to strengthen the family bond, create powerful and happy memories, and take the focus off the Watchtower.

It is crucially important never to dump on someone who has not yet woken up.

Would you beat a blind man with a stick because he cannot see what you are trying to show him?

Greetings

Fernando

SEQ Australia

PS - I too second what JWFacts said.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi and welcome.

You really need to have a chat with jgnat. Have a read at this thread... and I'm sure she will be along soon. Feel free to send her a PM.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

hello & welcome...

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Be as cautious as a serpent, but innocent as a dove.

Do not under ANY circumstances discuss any of your new-found truths with anyone in the KH.

I have, and I now question my judgement due to the attitude now being displayed by such "loving" Christians.

• breakfast of champions
  • wakingup60
    wakingup60

I felt the same when i joined...but dont worry it will get better..just learn all you can and your

confidence will grow more and more..I told the Elders point blank that I wish to be left alone.

They have no idea why i have stopped going to the meeting and i have no intention of telling them!

All the best!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome! I'm a non-JW married to my Witness, too. He's finally gone inactive but he still believes many of the teachings. He might be like your husband, an emotonal believer but not terriibly invested. I hope what I've learned will help you too.

1. Doesn't it feel great to share from your heart without fear of repercussion? Come here to express yourself as much as you need.
    2. Distinguishing between the natural personality and the put-on cult personality will save you a lot of grief and mis-steps. Even though my hubby has not thought through his beliefs, the longer he is away from the meetings the more he is himself. Having my natural man around most of the time is a treasure.
    3. You don't have to confront the teachings directly to save your children from indoctrination. Simply teach them to think for themselves (independent thining is your friend!) Ask them open-ended questions. Be interested in their opinions, even if they are different than yours. Give them the confidence to believe in themselves, and the WTS will hold no charms.

Getting Steve Hassan's latest book and learning about the two personalities is a good first step. http://freedomofmind.com/

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

Why did the Elder, Pioneer leave? Although I would like to know, maybe he could help you cope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit