New & Anxious

by SecretHeart11 63 Replies latest members private

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Welcome SecretHeart - you mention your mother got indoctrinated but you don't talk about your father - if I am not being too intrusive, can you tell us whether he became a Witness and if not, what happened to him? If you don't want to answer that is fine. I have a particular interest in families with one JW parent and one non-JW parent and the raising of the children because I am married to a Witness but was not one myself and we ahve one child together. Take care Fraz

• bigmac
    bigmac

hello secret heart--and welcome. what i'm about to write is only my opinion--OK ?

in any marriage--its usually the husband who " fears" any sort of dischord with his wife: obviously--the risk of loss of husbandly " previledges"

also--who does the cooking ?

or--worst case scenario--suppose things reach crisis point--who risks losing partner---home--kids--?==most times--its the husband.

wives hold the whip hand---so--firstly--try a little tenderness---if that dont work--resort to the whip.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome, SecretHeart!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If hubby is irregular, he must unconsciously not really want it.

100% believers are not irregular - too scared of the Witchtower psychopath's plan to kill EVERYBODY.

Read jgnat's recent post on her hubby giving up the cult.

HB

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Hi Frazzled ! My mom became a Witness when she was separated and almost divorced from my dad. He was never a Witness and I can be thankful for that because I know that is why I am / was more balanced as a Witness than any born-ins. On my side the only family I would lose would be my mom (she remarried an elder and loves the elderette gig, although she would find as many loopholes as possible to see me if I was df'd I think, and honestly if she wasn't married to an elder I really think I could get her out). We would always get the serious guilt trip right before heading to my dads for Christmas / birthdays. It was always such a horrible feeling. Should I disappoint my mom or my dad? But I am so glad I went through that because it has made me able to see through my own eyes and become a lot more balanced.

My husband's family is generations in so we would lose all of them, plus all of our friends. Still not even sure of the route I will take, but I can't imagine staying half in the rest of my life. I want my kids to have Christmas and Birthdays while it's still so magical. That's my goal.

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Bigmac, you are right. I don't truly think he would leave me, I just worry about him checking-out emotionally because he finds it so hard to deal with these sort of situations with his depression.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Welcome to JWN, I wish you everything you wish for yourself...thanks for sharing your story x

Paula

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi, Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your situation with us.

I can't add anything to what has already been said, but remember we are here for you and we really do understand.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Welcome and do let us know how things progress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit