New & Anxious

by SecretHeart11 63 Replies latest members private

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Welcome. Thank you for sharing your story. You will find many people here that you can relate to. I've been using the search button to read up on topics that relate to me. Sometimes it is like looking in the mirror.

Nice to "meet" you. I hope things are settling down for you.

• cantleave
  • Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Hi Secretheart - any update on how things are going for you? Fraz

• SecretHeart11
    SecretHeart11

Hi Frazzled UBM! How are you? I posted this on another thread, but I will copy it over here. Thanks for thinking of me!

So I have made some baby steps with my husband. He got invited out by a worldly guy he knows, so I encouraged him to go and he has gone out twice now in the last few weeks. I'll cut corners budget wise where ever I need to if it means we can set aside some extra money for him to create friends and a network outside the org. I also talked him out of accepting a job at a Witness company. And we have also discussed moving out of our city in the next few years, which will remove some family pressure. So I'm feeling hopeful. We also had some pretty good discussions and I shared a few very timely unchristian experiences of friends being treated badly by "spiritually mature" ones (but very subtle on my part, which is soooooo hard for me. Sometimes he will say something that is totally untrue about the Witnesses, like he thought the Witnesses were the most charitable people out there. Had to hide my disgusted face for that one! I just asked him "like how?" he mentioned disaster relief but I reminded him how they always ask us NOT to send donations for just disaster relief so they can use it for what they want / "need" and that they encourage people to fend for themselves or use secular charities after they've given out a bit. I then mentooned a charity I would love to get involved with and he agreed it was a really cool charity! :) )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit