Elders’ School 2013: Model Judicial Committee Videos and messages from the GB

by hildebrando 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

"Brother Alvarez could be a prayer."

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

These subtitles are hilarious... the elder says to the young guy: "you know I was pregnant and wanted to marry you"

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

As sick as this video is, someone told me that WT plans on showing this video to all congregation JW elders when COs make the rounds.

It appears there have been too many private and public reproofs and too few disfellowshippings in recent times. So WT is sitting down all bodies of elders during the CO visit with the goal of showing elders how not to be duped by a supposed repentant wrongdoers' tearful confession as is depicted by the wrongdoer named 'Diego' in this video.

This video is training elders how to probe more into the wrongdoers' lifestyle and what led up to his sin. This video is also indoctrinating elders in the area of being more merciless, coldhearted and hard-hearted and how to become more disfellowship happy.

I'm sure there are some active elders on this forum who have already seen this video and can vouch for this video being used in this way.

Bottom line is-plan how seeing more across-the-board disfellowshippings in the 100,000+ congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses in the days, weeks and months to come due to this video!

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

In the absence of an English version of this video, if anyone wants to transcribe and translate the dialogue (for the benefit of the non-Spanish speakers on the forum), I am willing to collaborate with you.

It would be easier to divvy up the characters, with one transcriber responsible for the lines 1 or 2 characters. Someone can then mesh the text with timings.

Any takers?

• Syme
    Syme

From a certain perspective, it is strange.

It is strange that the GB presses for more disfellowshippings at a time when stagnation knocks at the door.

Many JW are leaving deliberately, more are fading/becoming inactive, and many more give in to apathy. The field work is now a mere distribution of cheap leaflets; few are 'qualified' to serve as elders, most R&F don't want to go into that procedure.

Still, the Org is pressing for more ridigness...

It is a risky game on their part, they prefer to have them under high control even if they are less in numbers; however, the laws of nature dictate that from a certain point on, too much pressure will lead to a 'pressure relief'.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The subtitles are crap, but you can still get the "spirit" of this video.

Clearly, they are telling elders to not get all caught up in their feelings and overlook these "sins". There are going to be a lot more axe-men in the Congs after all the elders see this.

The sad thing is that I think this guy seems to be in his 20s. Frankly, most situations like this (1st time sexual experimentation that leads to pregnancy) is probably going to be teenagers. Young people make mistakes. Exploring one's sexuality is NORMAL. You have to wonder if the fact that there is "evidence" that will embarress the Cong (worldly girl pregnant) is what makes this so "bad".

This guy is out, and if it was reality, he'd likely never be back.

Doc

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If you want it translated properly, why not just send a link to Brooklyn and ask for a proper translation of the material.

Rub a Dub

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Can someone download them please? I am not in my laptop but when I get home I will download them asap!! Please download them and PM me if you have them!!

• Rebecca 619
    Rebecca 619

It is very sad to think the mentality they go in with is doubt in the persons motives instead of really trying to readjust a person, help spiritually, i couldnt get myself to listen to video, i know spanish, i would find it too painful to listen to since my 18 year old son was dfd, he goes through so much anxiety and depression sometimes it turns to anger and hate towards them, if they only knew, i dont think Jesus would make people feel so bad.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "...getting harsher in its dealings with its adherents, selling urban property and heading for the Compound in the Hills, I wonder whats next?"

They're gonna get more and more extremist until they make a serious mistake and do themselves irreperable damage.

And when high-control groups reach that stage, they usually deserve it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit