NASA Identifies The Hand of God

by Perry 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

punkopnice , you need evidence? pictures are not proof?

If you look for a doubting sceptic, look for expressions of doubt, sceptisim.

if you look for water, ice, steam, on mars, look for moisture, 'blueberries', frost.

if you look for a god, find a worshipper.

if you look for the creator, try to find stuff that's created.

or not.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Prologos - Howdy doody. I hope your day is going well.

punkopnice , you need evidence?

Yes, mi ol' cock sparra.

pictures are not proof?

Er......................No. Pictures are not proof.....observe....

• KateWild
    KateWild

So fairies aren't for real punky? Kate xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No Kate

No Kate

• Perry
    Perry

Perry. I admire your faith. When I left the WBT$ I went to church and found it really uplifting. Times change and I did too.

PofN,

You seem like a nice person, and I too admire your attempt to check out the other side when you left the WT. I did the same thing. I found a nice established old-line Protestant High Church kind of church to start atttending. And, I didn't get saved there. I joined the singles group and led the Sunday School many times. But, I stiil didn't have a clue as how to get right with God and experience his power and presence.

About this time I gave up trying to live two lives and let my parents know that I was a traditional Christian. (even though I had no idea how to get saved) This sealed the near total shunning from them and others. I needed PEACE badly. I needed God to take away my anger at the WT and others.

It was a combination of the severe pain of the shunning and the emptiness displayed by many of the posters on this very discussion board that drove me to my knees to ask Jesus to save me, all of me. That's what makes this DB so special; the faces come off and you can really see how different world-views effect people - How they interpret things.

What Jeus is asking us to do is to totally abandon ourself to him. He is not interested at all in our efforts to be good enough for salvation. He knows that we can't on our own. He says if we will just believe him, he will do the rest, all the heavy lifting, all the work. He says he will get in the yoke with us and the burden would be easy and the load light.

I finally did this and finally experienced everything that he promised in the NT. (I lost a family, God gave me a church family, and at age 40, a wife that produced for me two children, and a distant relatives' family. I lost one, and got three in return from the lord.) It wasn't easy, because I had given my near-all to the WT and got burned. But, I new enough scripture to know that my WT experience had little to do with Jesus. It was a bitter pill to swallow - knowing that all my years as a Christian, wasn't as a Christian. But, I did it right, one last time - permanently.

My views changed as a result. If I see a star cluster, I thank God for it. If it looks like a bleeding hand, I see Jesus. If I get a golden contract in my business, I thank God for it. If my new RV gets stolen (like it did two weeks ago) I remember that the enemy comes only to steal, rob & destroy. When I see beauty in my wife and kids, I praise God for his grace. But most of all, I thank God for his presence inside me, which he promises to ALL Christians who abandon themselves to him. I can NEVER be lonely again, no matter how many loved ones shun me. Anyway, that's my story.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." -Carl Sagan

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." -Albert Einstein

• prologos
    prologos

Punkognice.

great day, thankyou

creator search? do not look for the ELEPHANT in the room. -look at the room.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am thoroughly convinced by what I read that Perry's input on JWN is a cry to help wake him up out of his delusions.

What Jeus is asking us to do is to totally abandon ourself to him. He is not interested at all in our efforts to be good enough for salvation. He knows that we can't on our own. He says if we will just believe him, he will do the rest, all the heavy lifting, all the work. He says he will get in the yoke with us and the burden would be easy and the load light.

Perry is telling us here that what Christianity means to him is turning your back on evidence and just blindly accepting Jesus. He is telling us that the God of Christianity is a bastard who could not care less about whether you are a good person or not, but just cares that you turn your back on evidence and just blindly accepting Jesus. It's just like the mythical test in the garden of Eden where it states that God created ignorant people and subjected them to an unfair test, then imposed ridiculous punishment on all mankind for their predetermined failure of the unfair test.

Nowadays, the unfair test is to ignore evidence and choose ignorant belief or be condemned.

I will stick with other entities (human beings in this case) who are "interested .... in our efforts to be good..."

No thanks. Perry, I haven't read the entire thread. I hope you realize that photos of celestial phenomena are not taken with standard "visual light" cameras, so the "Hand of God" only looks like a hand from a certain perspective. Change the angle and change the exposure (or whatever technical terms used) and that photo would be completely different.

• designs
    designs

"Silence in the face of evil is evil itself" Bonhoeffer

I would think if there were a Supremem Being it would be angry and embarassed by Jesus.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

to further your point, designs....

"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don’t like that statement, but few can argue with it." -Carl Sagan

As far as the notion that we cannot accomplish anything on our own, we must enlist Jesus to do all our "heavy lifting", well...what a dismal view of life:

"To make a contented slave,’ [Frederick] Bailey later wrote, ‘it is necessary to make a thoughtless one. It is necessary to darken his moral and mental vision, and, as far as possible, to annihilate the power of reason.’ This is why the slaveholders must control what slaves hear and see and think. This is why reading and critical thinking are dangerous, indeed subversive, in an unjust society." And religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit