NASA Identifies The Hand of God

by Perry 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Etude
    Etude

Twitch

I was picturing the middle finger of that cosmological hand as the most prominent thing reflecting back at us. But I looked really, really close (with a certain degree of disgust) at the ass of your dog and made out the image of Jesus. I think that if you blow that up into a large canine asshole and post it in a desert, you will have the faithful from all over the world coming to kiss it. You guys realize that if you were to look at that nebula from another totally opposite direction, like from Alpha Centauri, you would actually see someone having a bowel movement.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Well now that we have found god's hand we can start looking for the rest of him; that is if anyone has a few hundred thousand years to spare.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Who says that if a God exists he is looking after such small little creatures like us? That is a vision people have. That is what theists think: since there MUST be a creator (we can not give proof he does or does not exist so it is still an assumption) he MUST have had a cause for us... a purpose. Who says we ever had a purpose? Simply because we are looking for a purpose it should be so?

What do we "add" to anything? To the "universe" or to the smalles atomical levels? We add nothing special. We are just a species... dominant yes (unless you live in india and got your ass killed by a hungry tiger...).

And yes... there is structure... but there is also chaos... and chaos is also part of a "structure". Does it mean that a God would even likes to be busy with such small things that are keeping us busy? That he really cares what kind of people are getting which part of a land? We are actually not much different from all other species: we want a place to live and have a terratorium and want to defend and/or expand. We have "leaders" but so do other species. And yes... we talk... more intelligent then others and we have the ability to reason. But who says some other creatures can't reason? I mean: noone ever invented a computer which can actually translate the "language" of other species.

We think we know everything and can figure it all out... how far can we actually be from the painfull truth: we are just species... we live... we sleep, eat, drink, have sex and after a period of time we die. Game over...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A shape in space is just a shape in space. OK, so it's made of stuff...you know what I mean.

I can see faces on the patterns of my curtain but it proves nothing other than my brain's face recognition function works.

I can see castles in the clouds...they're not real...it's just imagination.

Something that looks like a weird hand is not a hand. If you see a cross shape....sorry....it's just a cross shape. This is NOT evidence because it is NOT obvious. God (not that I believe in the stupid twat), would make his presence obvious, unless he doesn't give a monkeys cuss.

If these things were of god it would just show what a vile b#stard he is for messing about in the sky whilst leaving earth to die and it's populace to suffer.

That we see 'T.H.O.G' in a photo, Jesus in a dog turd or the title Allah in arabic in a sliced tomato just indicates to me how delusional we could be about belief in god in the first place.

Apart from that the delusions people have are both frustrating and laughable.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Perry: And that is the basis of all religions except Christianity. When you are before a judge for a traffic violation he simply will not allow you to waste his time with long recounts of all the virtuous things you have done. Courts don't work that way here on earth. And, they certainly don't work that way in Heaven.

So the hardline," take no prisoners stance" of the Christian god is an admirable thing? It appears the Christian god doesn't give a god-damn about how good a person is in life....just that they blindly, obediently followed a laundry list of nonsensical rules that have nothing to do with real life.

Question to theists: why in the hell would you want to live in eternity, or for even one minute, with a god like that?

---

"Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who [claim to] find it." – Voltaire

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Courts don't work that way here on earth. And, they certainly don't work that way in Heaven.

I know earth exists...I'm here. No disrespect to Perry, but prove to me heaven exists.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

punky: No disrespect to Perry, but prove to me heaven exists.

----

Christopher Hitchens said; "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence".

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent

I would like to read Terry explain the cause and effect on quantum mechanics lol

• Perry
    Perry

So the hardline," take no prisoners stance" of the Christian god is an admirable thing?

It is certainly not hardline. If a theif stole your car and the judge punished him instead of entertaining all his "virtuous" stories about how he visited his grandmother in the nursing home to bring her brownnies, and about how he didn't selfishly hoard his cigarettes but shared them with other inmates the last time his was in jail; I doubt you would think of that judge as doing less than his duty.

See, God is good, he is a loving father. He paid our due punishment for OUR sin (not Adam's like we were told) while we were yet FAR from him, just so that he can fellowship and commune with us personally.... forever; if we receive it. There are several facets of our Good God. One of those roles is that of Judge. He is a good judge, not a bad one.

• paranoia agent
    paranoia agent

Perry, can you prove to me that god is not a homophobic genocidal maniac?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit