INDEED, LET THE GAMES BEGIN

by You Know 150 Replies latest social current

• You Know
    You Know
    Watchtower leaders are guilty of complicity in crimes against children, just as much as John Cardinal Law and other high Catholic officials are.

If that's true then punishment is certainly deserved. In fact, I am all for it. But, public exposure is not nearly enough to set matters straight. I much prefer Jehovah's solution. Christ said that at some point he would send forth his powerful holy angels and that they would "collect out from his kingdom all things causing stumbling and all persons doing lawlessness." No doubt that's the occasion too that Isaiah foretells when the "apostates in Zion will shiver." And I suppose the apostates outside of Zion will shiver as well. Let the games begin indeed. / You Know

• Celia
    Celia
    public exposure is not nearly enough to set matters straight. I much prefer Jehovah's solution.

The old JW standard answer... Wait on Jehovah...
    But, YK, are you saying that nothing should be done to protect the children and punish the molesters inbetween ?
    Just wait until Jehovah finally decides that enough is enough ?
    How much longer should the victims suffer in silence ?
    10 years ? 20 ? 50 ? 100 ? By then, yes, of course, the problems will be no more

• You Know
    You Know
    The old JW standard answer... Wait on Jehovah...

Yes, there are at least a dozen Scriptures that advise that very thing. Waiting on Jehovah is not a bad thing. It is the true test of faith.

But, YK, are you saying that nothing should be done to protect the children and punish the molesters inbetween ?
    Of course not. But do you think the apostates give one wit about our children?

Are you so naive as to think that a tv show is going to prevent demonized perverts from practicing their wickedness upon, in many cases their own children, in their own homes? Only Jehovah God can put a stop to wickedness and prevent evil people from lurking in our congregations and preying upon the innocent. When his judgment comes it will be swift, and permanent, and perfect. And from all indications it is imminent. / You Know
  • Celia
    Celia

YK
    Some of your posts and answers to posts show that you are a decent human being, with his heart in the right place... Now to answer your last post :

Of course not. But do you think the apostates give one wit about our children?

Of course people outside and inside the org. give a wit about JW children, if they didn't, they wouldn't try so hard to make this problem public. We are all parents and don't want anything so horrible to happen to our children, any children !

Are you so naive as to think that a tv show is going to prevent demonized perverts from practicing their wickedness upon, in many cases their own children, in their own homes? Only Jehovah God can put a stop to wickedness and prevent evil people from lurking in our congregations and preying upon the innocent. When his judgment comes it will be swift, and permanent, and perfect. And from all indications it is imminent. / You Know

of course the TV show will not prevent perverts to hurt children, even their own children... But at least when such horrible cases of molestation are known, anyone knowing about them should be allowed to go to the police without fearing reprisals from the Watch Tower Society ! the molester should go to jail (in some cases, he should be put to death) At least they would not be a danger to other children for a while !
  • You Know
    You Know
    (in some cases, he should be put to death)

That's Jehovah's ultimate solution. I thought you didn't believe in that sort of thing? / You Know

• Celia
    Celia

you put words in my mouth YK.
    What I was saying was that some criminals are so bad, have done such horrible harm, that I couldn't care less if they were put to death, now, in our life time, so they can't harm any more people, kids...

• You Know
    You Know

So how did I put words in your mouth? Putting the wicked to death has always been Jehovah's solution. The thing is, that God's judgment of who is wicked is probably a little more comprehensive than what you have in mind. But, at least you agree in principle that God has the right to put wicked people to death. One thing for sure, death definitely solves the problem of repeat offenders. / You Know

• Celia
    Celia
    One thing for sure, death definitely solves the problem of repeat offenders.

It sure does...
    One question to you : Are you for or against capital punishment, here, on earth, in our lifetime, by human authorities, for criminals so vicious, that nothing can be done to change them, who will always be a danger to society ????

• dubla
    dubla

yk-

Click here to check lastest stock market report. LOL / You Know

this is classic gloom-and-doomer style. when the market rallies, and the dow is sitting at 10600, it is of course just an insignificant side show, and the up markets mean nothing. BUT.....when the market falls (as it always does, its CYCLICAL), THEN all of a sudden its significant enough to post about, and even get giddy over (thus the infamous "LOL"). im sure ill post the next market rally as a positive, and im sure youll come on here telling me how the market doesnt matter again.......because youre just as predictable(cyclical) as the stock market, "LOL"!

aa

• You Know
    You Know
    Are you for or against capital punishment, here, on earth, in our lifetime, by human authorities, for criminals so vicious, that nothing can be done to change them, who will always be a danger to society ????

I used to be for it, but recently I have had second thoughts on it, as a result of DNA testing many death row convicts have been proven innocent. So it makes you wonder. Really, the bottom line is that there is no justice in this system of things, especially when men wield the life and death power of God. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit