Will this Memorial be our last?

by pixel 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kairos
    kairos
    This will be the second in a row I will have missed. So glad.
  • Watchtower-Free
  • cantleave
    cantleave
    Nothing changes, I remember they used to say that every year during the "clappy talk" at the end of district conventions.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    So, I guess last year was not the last - or was it...? We still have a few days to go.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Can't leave.... Lol!! 'The clappy talk'

The clappy talk was so cheesy! I hadn't thought of that in a while.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Last year's memorial was supposed to be special, 100 year anniversary and so on.

However, they couldn't even get it on the correct date, even with eight phone lines to heaven. In the December 15th 2013 WT page 23 there was a box showing how the calculation was done for April 14, 2014. They said:-

"During 2014, the new moon nearest the vernal (spring) equinox will be on March 30, at 8:45 p.m. (20:45), Jerusalem time. The following sunset in Jerusalem (March 31) will come about 21 hours later. It is doubtful that the first sliver of the moon will be visible then. More likely, the first sunset when the initial crescent of the moon can be seen in Jerusalem will be on April 1. By the method the ancient Jews used, that will be the day when the first month (Nisan 1) will start, at sunset.

Hence, congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses around the earth have been informed that Nisan 14 will begin at sunset on Monday, April 14, 2014."

However, as was clearly demonstrated there were plenty of observations of the moon on March 31 in Jerusalem. If they cannot get something as simple as this correct, what hope is there for them?

George

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Whenever anyone tried that old "this could be the last...." with me I would look them straight in the eye and say very dryly "no, it won't," the look on their face would be priceless.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Let's not forget last year's talk and how it was a major infomercial for the borg and not much about Jesus. It was disgusting!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Number 7 is supposed to be something to do with Heavenly matters is it not ?

Well, this next Memorial will be the seventh that we will not be going to, Mrs Phizzy and I intend to have a Heavenly time ignoring it whilst enjoying a slap-up meal and some real booze !

• Watchtower-Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit