Will this Memorial be our last?

by pixel 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Simon
    Simon

Don't they have articles where they chastise people for asking questions with some "it would be unwise to speculate" [obligatory unrelated scripture citation] message?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wondering if the WTS. heads are going to be more aggressive in the conscious realization that it is 2014,

making this year something of compelling significance ???

Fear mongering is the WTS's most vital tactic to lure people toward its literature and to the organization

of itself, being that it is so I don't foresee this being let up any time soon.

• haboob48
    haboob48

then why the need to build the new hq?

• likeabird
    likeabird

Looks like they said something like that more than once. (Big surprise there!)

Check this quote out:

*** ka chap. 17 pp. 351-352 par. 43 The “Slave” Who Lived to See the “Sign” ***
    The Watch Tower, under date of March 1, 1918, in its first paragraph of the leading article “In Memory of Our King,” said: “Whether the coming Memorial will be the last on earth, we do not, of course, know; but we do know that we are one year nearer the full consummation of our hopes. If it please the Lord to have us celebrate this Memorial other years, then we shall do so gladly.”

Here it is in print:

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Marked

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you LikeaBird

The WTS has recycled material from 96 years ago

" Wasted time cannot be recycled "

• kaik
    kaik

Sure it will be last memorial for someone. People die all the time, even from the generation that should not pass away.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

2010 was my last Memorial. Let's hope 2014 is the last for many more.

• Jen1
    Jen1

Every year I go. Every year I cannot wait to get home.

I re-call them saying this before, about will this memorial be our last. other years, not sure?

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

And for how many years have they been trying to suggest that!

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit