Will this Memorial be our last?

by pixel 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pixel
    pixel

Hello everyone. They just put up the March KM 2014 on the private website. Most of it is same-old-same-old, with info here and there about the Memorial.

Somebody here might post the March KM for all to see, I wont.

I just wanted to share the paragraph from page 2 Q&A anticle: Will You Seize the Opportunity? Upcoming Memorial Enables Us to Show Gratitude

4 Will this Memorial be our last? (1 Cor. 11: 26) We do not know. But we do know that once it passes, gone will be a unique opportu- nity to show gratitude. Will you seize it? May the appreciative words of our mouth and the meditation of our heart bring pleasure to Je- hovah, the generous Provider of the ransom. —Ps. 19:14.

Did you see the question?? Expect a lot of R&F getting emotional over this. Are we there yet???

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

That's so tacky, but I'm sure they have done this before pre memorial...

FOG: Fear Obligation Guilt. All cults use them.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

..to be expected....1914-2014...but disillusionism will set in come 2015...

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

It's becoming very apparent that the GB is getting desperate. Jesus never used FOG. He taught people to serve God out of gratitude for God's undeserved kindness. JWs are taught to only serve god with a date in view. This causes many to make unwise life decisions such as foregoing education and not saving money. This is contrary to what Jesus taught at Acts 1:7. It's not for us to know when the end will come. Our only job is to make sure that we are ready by being a good person and treating others right.

• sir82
    sir82

Shameless.

What a bunch of manipulative wankers.

They know exactly what kind of effect those words will have on their most emotionally vulnerable members.

• pixel
    pixel

That's the exact effect they want to have Sir82.

Will this Memorial be our last? (1 Cor. 11: 26) We do not know.

Why rise the question in the first place if you are going to answer with a "I dont know"!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Did it happen to mention who the King of the North is? According to their interpretation, the King of the North will be the powerhouse that really get's the big A started. There are many prophecies yet to be fulfilled before armegeddon will even be "near".

I remember back when the financial meltdown started, a brother commented, "The way things are going, armageddon may have already started." Really? I don't remember bundled mortgages being mentioned in the bible.

Or maybe those prophecies were fulfilled in the 80s and armageddon already occurred invisibly, and the anti-typical armageddon is about to occur without any relation to fulfillment of biblical prophecies.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am suprised they didn't remind they sheeple, " Do NOT partake, whatever you do. We repeat, DO NOT PARTAKE!!"

• happy@last
    happy@last

In 2015 ask why you are celebrating it again when you were told 2014 could be the last, you'll be told you were just reading into it and not to be over zealous.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

This is just the kind of weasel-ly thing they like to throw out there once in a while. They know the faithful will speculate about it, become a little fearful, maybe cause some to push on inactive ones or bible studies to go also. Then it will be forgotten, or if anyone complains they can say " well, we never said that it WOULD be the last one, just that it COULD be. It's all deliberately done, they are master manipulators.

Of course it could be your last one if you get fed up with being played and stop going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit