Will this Memorial be our last?

by pixel 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Another fear tactic to ensure there'll be "butts in seats" when they take their annual attendance count.

I remember during the closing announcements at one of the District Conventions back in the late 80's. they said. " The Brothers at headquarters are already lovingly perparing a spiritual banquet for next years Disctrict Convention......should this wicked old system last that much longer."

That was over 30 years ago.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Re: Will this Memorial be our Last?

One can only hope.

• baltar447
    baltar447

May the appreciative words of our mouth and the meditation of our heart bring pleasure to Jehovah, the generous Provider of the ransom.

LOL! Who talks like this??

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

"Will fire rain down upon the earth this weekend with a vitreol and speed never seen before by humankind? We don't know, but we do know there will be football and field service/meetings. Which will you choose?"

This type of stuff makes me sick.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Seems a bit odd, isnt the memorial the one meeting most JWs make every effort to attend? I always did.

Why use your best bait when you already have the fish on the hook?

Maybe it is a sign of dwindling interest even in the memorial? Probably not but one can dream.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Inbyathread: I hope for your sake!

I have watched this organization for over 40 years now-nearly 50. My mom was 22 when they said she will not grow old and die . . . she is several years past retirement age, has lost most of her siblings and her husband to death, and her kids are well into middle age and grandparents themselves now. I think she has definitely reached the growing old part of the broken promise and I am sorry to say that she will eventually die. I am married to someone who qualifies for SS discount. I am well on my own way!

I didn't think I would get a period before the end came! I am a grandmother now-and glad of it. I am glad I am growing old (although it continues at a dizzying pace!) and will someday die! That is life-real life. I hope that soon you and your family are freed from the WT lies and misinformation. I'd start developing a severe stomach flu the morning of the memorial and then maybe you have already attended your last one-last year:) My best to you-I hope that you soon can live the real life that you envision for yourself and your loved ones. And if aliens were to swoop down and wipe out all the a$$ets of the WT$ from the face of the earth somehow, it sure wouldn't break my heart. If they can't operate, they can't destroy anyone elses family or life.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Was it not them that said: "Witness children get presents all year round.. not just at Christmas".

It follows than that one can show love and appreciation to Jesus all year round and not just on memorial day..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Will this Memorial be our last?

The WTS. is well specialized in using tactics of fear and guilt to get people what they want them

to do which is of course reading their literature and locking people into its literature distributing scheme,

pioneering. etc.

......and of course when these tactics (dates) eventually fail they come out and say well we're just imperfect

men. Truly a body of men who are nothing more than commercialized false prophets or religious charlatans

self empowered and looking for money to continue on that path.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

wow...the same ol' tactics.

The same way of inducing thoughts without making definite statements.

"We are not saying it will happen, but it could well happen, wink! wink! " . Then if someone accuses them of making predictions, they can just say " well we never actually said it would happen, some just drew that conclusion".

Same old manipulative garbage.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Answer: No it will not be our last. Oh, excuse me, "the" last.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit