How Cold is it Where You Are?

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 65 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

56 degrees. Fort Myers, Florida (but, I have a super bad cold/flu that is on the 2nd day . . . feeling very lousy )

Skeeter

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hoo, boy we got snow.

Edmonton Snow -34

There are days I wonder if we will make it out of our parking lot.

• label licker
    label licker

We are in southern Ontario. Last night with the windchill it was suppose to be almost minus forty. Right now it's minus eighteen and is expected to go to minus twenty. It's suppose to warm up as the weekend approaches to plus four.

Nevertheless, I opened my back door to find a little downey woodpecker with it's head tucked into it's wing with it's eyes closed frozen shut so I picked it up thinking it was dead and wrapped it in a warm towel but still no movement. So I put it in an old birdcage I had with seeds, fruit and a thick tree branch and four hours later I hear peck, peck, peck:) I'll let it out in another day when it's minus fifteen at night instead of this rigid minus thirty above.

When I read Proverbs 12:10 it makes me wonder. Please, if anyone has pets to not leave them out in the cold for two long. My little Buddy ran back to the house from the pasture after his morning ritual. He was cold.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I've always wondered what a witches tit feels like. Now I know.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Some animals are happier in the cold.

American Eskimo

They need a shelter with straw, and drinkable water. They are better off kept in the cold all winter rather than in-and-out.

Heated Water Bowl

• label licker
    label licker

would agree except when they are unable to fly and at my backdoor that tells me not to turn my back on something that is totally helpless. And no I will not leave it there and throw straw on it and give it water when it can't drink. As far as our chickens go we have a heated water bowl for them along with a red heat lamp. Heat lamp is on only when temperatures go to minus thirty.

• Brother Mike
  • cantleave
    cantleave

I am looking forward to my impending week in LA in February.

• jgnat
    jgnat

label licker, my comment was not meant in any way to criticize your act of kindness. I recall reading how a bird watcher saved a flock of freezing juncos by locking them in a shed - with food and water - until the country thawed out a bit.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I'm in northern California, a couple hundred miles north of Flipper. Very strange winter, no snow in town, hardly any snow on the mountains and bleak prospect of water rationing in much of California if we don't get some rain/snow this winter. Actually we need a LOT of rain or snow, maybe you all could send some of that snow our way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit