wasblind

It got down in the single digits here in the south

Schools were delay because of the temps

not because of snow or sleet

We ain't used to this. Heck. Schools in my area get canceled

if it threatens to snow. No joke

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Damn, all those window cleaners with frozen buckets.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Currently 17 F. It was 9 at it's low. Will get up to 23.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

It was warmer here today near Warsaw, Poland (43F) than at my mother's house in Florida (28F). Strange non-winter for us so far this year. Not complaining though.

• Simon
    Simon

Only down to -14 up here in Calgary today ... so not too bad.

The coldest we've ever experienced so far is about -50 with windchill. You know it's cold when you can only shovel half your drive and have to go in because you literally feel you're about to die, even though you have a rediculously padded coat, scalf, thick gloves and boots on.

We laugh now at the "severe frost of -3" warnings we used to get in the UK.

• Simon
    Simon

My little dog went out to do his business yesterday evening and within two minutes he could not walk back to the house ! I had to go out ,and carry him .He acted like he was in slow motion trying to move his legs . Once inside he warmed back up and was fine .

We have to do that with ours - it sometimes takes her a few attempts to build up sufficient need to dash out for a pee and then she'll sit in the snow and lift her paws up because they are too cold and we have to shout for her to make it back (or else go out on a rescue mission). Normally she makes it on her own though but you definitely have to watch them and make sure you don't leave them out too long.

• besty
    besty

We laugh now at the "severe frost of -3" warnings we used to get in the UK

I think it was winter 1995 and it did touch -20C at Glasgow Airport - I was there that day and it was cold enough to make your ears painful if not covered by your hat :-)

but ye - Calgary - different league...

• flipper
    flipper

Jesus. I feel really bad for you folks experiencing this Polar vortex crap. Hopefully your temperatures will ascend back to near normal . We really are lucky out here in California. In Northern California where we live temperatures have been anywhere from 55 to low 60's during the day and mid 30's at night. I feel bad even stating that as I know how much you guys and gals are suffering. Let's hope it changes soon. Problem we are facing out here in California is an extended drought with no rain whatsoever now. In our little mountain area in the Sierras we would normally have had 27 inches of rain since July 1st - we have only had 6 inches of rain. There is virtually NO snowpack in the high Sierra mountains maybe a foot at higher elevations but thats it. If we don't get some rain soon, there is going to be water rationing and some ver pissed off farmers in the California Central Valley by spring and summer. Very strange winter out here. Hang in there folks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit