Millions die in Natural disasters - God is doing nothing. Do I adopt Anthropomorphism to him?

by KateWild 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

why can energy not exist as an independant 'entity"?

In some explanation of the Universe's origin, it is opined that it came from the (matterless) energy fluctuatioms of the pre-big bang vaccuum.

take the equations 2=4:2; 2=1+1; 2=2x1 The 2 can stand by itself. Equations are comparisons of value, not declarations "you cant have one without the other"' but:

if you want mass, you have to throw TIME into the bargain, for you can not have speed, (distance : time) without that sequencing of events, that MOVEMENT called TIME.

So, an entity can have or be energy, as long it stays put, does not move or cause movement.

Once that entity becomes a CAUSE, be generating an EFFECT, there is movement from energy into our mass linked to c. c, the ultimate movement.

Energy and "zero movement through time" CAN exist by themselfs, they are beyond comparison, "over the horizon" in lookback time. but

Does that have to mean that the left side of the equaition has changed, that the CAUSE has changed or started moving?

• KateWild
    KateWild

You seem to be well on your way to becoming an atheist.- DJS

Lol, nah I don't think so, but I do not consider myself a theist either. I just believe in God the intelligent creator. Having said this if there is any evidence to support that fact there is no intelligent creator, then I will change my view.

Afterall as cofty says "I don't wanna be wrong any longer than necessary" Kate xx

• besty
    besty

Having said this if there is any evidence to support that fact there is no intelligent creator, then I will change my view

the burden of proof is 100% on believers - atheists need do nothing to support their view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot

• KateWild
    KateWild

In a letter to Beatrice Frohlich, 17 December 1952 Einstein stated, "The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naïve.-besty

This is quote mining by wiki. He believed in an intelligent creator, he was not a theist, an atheist or a pantheist. In fact he gave himself no labels, I do not believe in a God that cares about people, but I do believe in God who created the atom.

I started a thread about Einstiens religious beliefs, it has been debated, is being debated and will continue to be debated. Einstein was a very interesting person. Kate xx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/266157/1/What-were-Albert-Einstiens-Religious-Beliefs#.Usp5kPRdW8A

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So Kate, if you accept there is an intelligent force causing effects then what is your view of the following:

In broader terms however, can you describe your concept of God if you are not prepared to assign any human atrributes to "it"? Are you saying that as you reflect on the world around us as described by science you conclude that there must be a supernatural and intelligent force that instigated the creation of the universe and defined the parameters by with the natural laws operate.

Are you then also concluding that since there is much that science has not (and perhaps never shall) explain there is plenty of room for the existance of God since one cannot ever be 100% sure that "it" does not exist.

Assuming I am broadly correct, and ignoring the elephant in the room regarding where did God come from, then do you ascribe any purpose to what God has done in creating the universe? Where do human traits such as love, wisdom, justice and power come from? Is it anthropomorphising God to ascribe these qualities to "it". What is God's plan for humankind? Is there a heaven? What is the purpose of Jesus? What about God's Kingdom? Was the Bible in any way inspired by God? Is there anything to Armageddon and restoration prophecies?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Kate's style of communication is unusually dishonest, it's why I don't participate in her threads.-Apogs

My style of communication is Aspergic. If you knew anything about high fucntioning ASD sufferes you would know this. I am never dishonest, if fact your statement is dishonest, because you do not back it up with a particular lie I posted. I would welcome ways to improve my communication skills.

You are welcome to join my threads and spread hurtful lies about me, because unlike WT, I can defend myself against people who wish to spread lies about me. But if you choose not to join in that is your choice too.

Sadly IMO, you know nothing of ASD, here is a link if you are interested in my disability and how I communicate, I am honest and genuine. I would not mislead anyone intentionally, but I preached the kingdom of the GB for years thinking I was telling the truth. I was wrong, not dishonest. I hope you read carefully the link to get to know me better, before you judge me again to be dishonest. Love to you Apogs, Kate xx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/267680/1/What-is-my-Disability#.Usp8IPRdW8A

• besty
    besty

This is quote mining by wiki.

You are claiming that I took a quote deceitfully out of context to support my view? I provided a source link so everyone can see the context - its 100% clear Kate - Einstein did not believe in 'God' in the way that you used the term without qualification.

I see you have now modified your position to

He believed in an intelligent creator, he was not a theist, an atheist or a pantheist. In fact he gave himself no labels,

Can you provide any evidence for your claim that he believed in an Intelligent Creator?

Einstein used many labels to describe his religious views, including "agnostic" [3] "religious nonbeliever" [4] and a "pantheistic" [5] believer in "Spinoza's God." [6]

Have you read the wiki article on his beliefs before making claims on his behalf and accusing me of quote mining?

• KateWild
    KateWild

In broader terms however, can you describe your concept of God if you are not prepared to assign any human atrributes to "it"?-K99

correct, I don't know God well enough

What is God's plan for humankind?

I don't think God has one, I think the creator want's to observe how humans evolve.

Is there a heaven?

Outer space can be considered heaven I suppose

What is the purpose of Jesus? What about God's Kingdom? Was the Bible in any way inspired by God? Is there anything to Armageddon and restoration prophecies?

I don't know to all of those, but looking forward to finding out how I will answer in the future.

Thanks for your interest K99, I like you Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Can you provide any evidence for your claim that he believed in an Intelligent Creator?-besty

YES

page 148 Einstein and Religion by Max Jammer it states..................

"Einstein maintained that God manifests himself "in the Laws of the Universe as a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble" Einstein agreed with Spinoza that he who knows nature knows God, but not because nature is God.................."

That is the bit I just read, the thread of most of the quotes by Einstein is that he believed in God, but did not label himself or define God. He always stated he was religious.

Thanks for asking besty

Kate xx

• besty
    besty

can you just explain in more detail the 'Intelligent Creator' bit from the Max jammer quote please?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit