Millions die in Natural disasters - God is doing nothing. Do I adopt Anthropomorphism to him?

by KateWild 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

What you said makes no sense, It is just jibba jabba, mumbo jumbo.... The sentence doesn't mean anything.-Snare

I am not talking mumbo jumbo. I don't think the should be one definition of God, the way you define God, maybe different to the way I define an Intelligent Creator. But thats okay. Different definitions can apply. But you are so right an atheist cannot answer my OP questions as they don't apply, God does not exist to an atheist.

Kate xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

There is only one definition of god - Delusion!

• prologos
    prologos

Snare& Racket, I just do not share your view that life at large is at a perpetual cliffhanger. life has flourished for 4 billion years? halfway done?like our bodies, dead parts are slouched off all the time. The universe is a successfull enterprise.

The self-made enterprise has yet to be discovered, the self made man, even school dropout, helped you to write/read this. a worker. my hero. follow his example and you can cope with adversity(disasters) even rise above it.

bad cliffhanger example: judas. trying to make money without earning it through work.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Okay calm down Angus, I am trying to answer evryone here. But I am not delluded, I am just more religious than you. Sam xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

He had faith although at the time there was no hard evidence.- jonah

And then there was Eitnein who believed in God too. Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

What part of your god hypothesis can be scientifically falsified kate? - cantleave

Nothing about God can be scientifially proven either way Angus and you know it!!!! There is no full proof evidence God is or isn't real. Sam xx

• tec
    tec

I do not think God is A'morphic. Do you?

No I do not. You cannot apply human characteristics to God because man is not the image of God. Man is not even IN the image of God. The first man (and woman) were created in the image of God. But they did not remain IN Him, so as to remain in His image, and any who came after them, from them, came in their likeness.

The image of God... is Christ. So you can apply to God the attributes that you find in Christ. Because Christ is the Truth about God. See Christ... see God. Know Christ... know God.

God is not human, so hence he does not possess human characteristics, to know God better and to understand him better I study science. There has been a new discovery of strange signals picked up from black holes and distant supernovae suggest there's more to space-time than Einstein believed. This is reported in New Scientist.

I see the appeal in that. Even though it is Christ who is the image of God. I can see the appeal in that the processes of science may help one to see the processes of God in creation, as well as simply feed our curiosity and knowledge about the universe we live in. I enjoy this also. But I still know to look at Christ if I want to see/know the Truth about God.

The physical realm and things within the physical realm also provide examples so that we can get a sense of how things are/how things work in the spiritual realm.

For example... the temple that Moses was instructed to build is a reflection of a spirtual equivalent. There was a Most Holy (God), a curtain/door (Christ) to get TO the Most Holy (God).

In Egypt during the famine... Joseph (Christ) distributed the grain (holy spirit/water of life) that belonged to Pharoah (God) to all those Joseph (Christ) chose. If one wanted grain (holy spirit/water of life) from Pharoah (God), then one had to go to Joseph (Christ) FIRST. He did not go directly to Pharoah, but to the one Pharoah appointed in charge of all of his possessions, the land, the grain, etc.

If we understand space-time better, what could be the possibillities that time travel may be possible and all the consequences of natural disasters undone? Rev 21.4 could be possible?

As in death being undone and the events that man himself set in motion when man did not remain in God... ? Yes!

I am assumeing that you mean the consequences of natural disasters (only called disasters if man is in the way, otherwise these are just events, making life possible to thrive/develop... or maybe ripples left over that allowed life to thrive/exist to begin with)... being death, or injury (at least to the physical body)?

No need for time travel... although time travel in a sense could explain how those who have seen and/or exist in that time know to warn us of what IS coming and at what times such things DO happen. Such things will simply happen at the time they are appointed TO happen, according to God's knowledge and wisdom (far more than our own, including in space-time and mathematics, etc)

Peace to you!

tammy

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks Tammy for your post. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on this. I hope you had a nice xmas and new year with the family. Take care love Sam xx

• cofty
    cofty

being death, or injury (at least to the physical body)? - Tammy

Your denigration of the physical amounts to a religion of death.

• tec
    tec

You're welcome Kate. Glad you enjoyed.

I had a nice and quite and relaxing Christmas (I worked on New Year's eve, but it was filled with competitions and fun, so it was... fun, lol). Thank you for asking. I never went back and asked how your New Year's went. Hope you had fun on your night out.

Peace to you,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit