Millions die in Natural disasters - God is doing nothing. Do I adopt Anthropomorphism to him?

by KateWild 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

I do not think God is A'morphic. Do you?

God is not human, so hence he does not possess human characteristics, to know God better and to understand him better I study science. There has been a new discovery of strange signals picked up from black holes and distant supernovae suggest there's more to space-time than Einstein believed. This is reported in New Scientist.

If we understand space-time better, what could be the possibillities that time travel may be possible and all the consequences of natural disasters undone? Rev 21.4 could be possible?

I would like to think so. Would you?

Do you think if God existed, he is A'morphic?

Love Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

NBC reported on the strange signals too, here is the article. Kate xx

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/where-are-they-mystery-intergalactic-radio-bursts-detected-6C10552037

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Hi Kate.

I don't think we've "met" yet.

I have enjoyed your posts and I listened to your JC on youtube.

I saw your posts on Cofty's thread. I like the way you don't back down.

Re: your OP- If you are going by the bible then you know it teachesbthat god created humans in his image. That would mean he would give us his qualities.

Also if you were looking at creation it could be seen as an act of a loving god.

Having said that, I must tell you I don't know what to think any more.

I do think that your idea of an emotionless god makes more sense. My husband believes there is a creator but we humans are so insignificant it doesnt make sense that god would even take time to deal with us.

Do you feel that way also?

I also believe in a creator.

Miss. Fit

• KateWild
    KateWild

Do you feel that way also? - Miss fit

Nice to meet you :) xx

No not really, you both have different views. Lets go to the bible first. I believe the bible was created by men to control women and the vulnerable, I also believe that Isa 55.8,9 contradicts Gen 1.27.

Isa states Gods thoughts are different and Gen says we were created in his image. So I view this as a contractdiction. Which leads me to hubby's point.

I do think sometimes God is indifferent and can't be bothered with puny humans, but it makes me angry and fuels scientific enquiry as to why he treats us this way, your hubby is more accepting of this staus quo. I am not.

So I would be influenced by Isa, and like to think God knows what he is doing, science tells me space-time has answers that may reveal the knowledge of God and time travel.

As to whether or not he is emotionless at this point is a question I am looking to answer, time travel can open up the possiblities of fixing the consequences of natural disasters just as Rev 21.4 promises. Is it true? Well I don't think so, but I would like to believe it could be.

Is time travel probable in my lifetime? No

Is it possible? Yes

Thanks for your post. Love Kate

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Time travel, supernovae, black holes...... Revelation 21:4????!!!!!!

Science is so far removed from that ancient book of bronze age myths, it is beyond me how you mesh it all into one topic.

This might be as fun as the 'why does chemistry prove god is real" thread.

God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance.

Edited to add: 3 more question marks and 6 exclamation marks.

• KateWild
    KateWild

it is beyond me how you mesh it all in one topic.-2+2=5

hahaha, it's beyond you because God is higher than you lol, I like you 2+, thanks for joining in.

For me science and religion are combined, or meshed together as you put it.

2+, answer me this, if you could time travel, where would you go and what would you do?

Love Kate xx

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I would go back to 2006 and undo the events that led to my now 7 year old boy having severe brain damage.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Ahh I am so sorry, I don't think it's very probable we can in our lifetime. But if we ponder on the possiblities much can be achieved, I would go back and fix events in my life too.

Good answer. Love Kate xx

• DJS
    DJS

KateWild,

You DO post some interesting topics. I can't say I quite get your points all of the time, but I have voted you the girl I would want to have a beere with. Or two (beers, not girls - or girls, up to you ;=))

• KateWild
    KateWild

DJS,

Thanks for your compliment, sure we can meet up for drinks one day why not, would you like to answer this for me and join in the topic.

If God existed do you think he would behave like humans?

If so do you think he should remove suffering?

Love Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit