Millions die in Natural disasters - God is doing nothing. Do I adopt Anthropomorphism to him?

by KateWild 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

I saw your posts on Cofty's thread. I like the way you don't back down.-missfit

Thank you, I just have beliefs I am stable about, and others I question. I am the type of person that will always question, I will not have all my answers ever, because one answer always leads to another question for me.

I love thoelogy and science, the answers are amazing, but cofty reads his answers differently to me. At the moment he insists A'ism is off topic, so I started a new topic so I would not skew his thread on him.

Notice though how he is avoiding my qestions, cofty I challenge you to answer my 2 Q's from my OP???? Will you??

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

1. I do not think God is A'morphic. Do you?

I understand all these words but I don't understand the question. Please elaborate

2. If we understand space-time better, what could be the possibillities that time travel may be possible and all the consequences of natural disasters undone? Rev 21.4 could be possible?

No. I believe time travel is a fantasy.

• DJS
    DJS

As you define god, I am assuming you mean a god that had the power, wisdom and capability to create the universe and all that is in it, in the manner we were taught. If that is what you mean, then such a god would have created my brain, my conscience, my consciousness, my feelings of empathy sense of justice, etc. If that is how you are defining god, then such a god would have died long ago in a galaxy far far away. Becasue the MFer hasn't been around since humans began to crawl around on the planet and try to eek out an existence, figuring it all out on their own. As I have mentioined previously, the average age of human life expectancy for 100,000 years was 34. Thirty freaking four. Includiing at the start of the 19 century. Just a little effing help, assistance, guidance, suggestions from such a god would have helped a helluva lot more than the spin/crap we created to define such a god.

And other than the 'spin' all of the various religions place on such a god, I see nothing in the present, the past or the future that would make me rationally think such a god existed. I see LOTs that make me think such a god does not and never has existed.

If such a god made the universe and then let everything evolve, then he/she/it/they are wreckless and uncaring.If that is anthropomorphism, then such a god would have also created that tendecy in me/us.

Now, how about that beer? (We are separated by an ocean but I travel!).

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Which god and what evidence is there for him/her?

What texts are you using to define him and based on what evidence do you use them?

There is a reason science and faith don't mix, keep applying the scientific method and you won't get past the first step. Science is for the observable, predicatble and repeatable.

Debate god and religion all day long philosophically, but it is impossible to squeeze science in, its like using a calculator to weigh a sentence.

Science doesn't do the supernatural.

• KateWild
    KateWild

its like using a calculator to weigh a sentence.- snare

LOL!! hahaha! good one. Well that's your view, Science without religion is lame and that's mine. Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

I understand all these words but I don't understand the question. Please elaborate-cofty

If God existed would you expect him to remove all sufferring in the same way you would if you had the power to? Kate xx

• prologos
    prologos

I am with cofty on time travel. The past is gone. the present is all that exists and is very short, perceived only because of our lagging, slow nervous system.

Of course we travel through time all the time in our mild gravity, at our leisurely speed., but is on a one way street in our expanding universe.

Natural Disasters? try to use natural laws to prepare, cope, bea grown-up.

will there be surprise discoveries in the future, you betya.

• cofty
    cofty

A god that did not care about his/her creation would not be worth our time or attention.

• designs
    designs

If a moral ethical "god" cannot or will not aleviate human starvation He It She whatever is not a reality.

• prologos
    prologos

May be at his age he feels the kids should take care of themselfs, and evolution will have the best claim the best disaster -free niches.

the success of the successfull.

May be he vowed not to suspend natural laws any more since his disastreous foray into walls of water, manna, water out of rock, 48 hour days, floatin axes and water walking men, resurrections, . It atkes too much energy to fight your own laws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit