Millions die in Natural disasters - God is doing nothing. Do I adopt Anthropomorphism to him?

by KateWild 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

This is quote mining by wiki. -Kate

I think wiki quote mine, I have skimmed the article, but I don't trust wiki as a reliable source, Max Jammer worked with Einstein and references every single quote. I actually started this thread because I found in interesting what Einstein said about an Anthropomorphic God.

Did he think God was A'morphic? No

Kate xx

• besty
    besty

can you just explain in more detail the 'Intelligent Creator' bit from the Max jammer quote please?

• KateWild
    KateWild

can you just explain in more detail the 'Intelligent Creator' bit from the Max jammer quote please?- besty

Yes I would love to, but it's a heavy going book, I would have to read it again and review it, but this is what I extrapolate form this quote coupled with the rest of the 148 pages I have read. I will do a thread when I start reading it again from the begining. I have more than 100 pages left to read. Why don't you get a copy and join me in reading it.

Clearly Max Jammer, worked closely with Einstein and thought Einstein belived in God.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Kate's admitted to being a troll,-Adam

Oh stop being so melodramatic Adam, I admitted not such thing. I did however admit to winding you up, I pull you leg no and again to have a convo with you. I come to this site to have human contact, learn things, help others, and have a joke. Yeah so I am a wind up merchant, but cofty and cantleave don't care. In fact cantleave got me back good style.

But I take it in good jest, life is not serious Adam chill out man. Love you to bits always have love Kate xx

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Kate, I have been following this (and other) discussions with interest.

But, I am continually puzzled by your use of the word "religious": you often reply (to atheists, no less), "I am more religious than you" (emphasis, mine); and you state - above - that A. Einstein was "religious". What do you mean, when you describe yourself (and others) as religious?

• KateWild
    KateWild

What do you mean, when you describe yourself (and others) as religious ?- val

I mean that I have a belief in God and theology. I enjoy reading religious materials and having philosophical conversations about what I have read and others have read. I enjoy religious things, such as science as well as picking apart the bible. I pray to Gos too, although I think he ignores all prayers, many say I am talking to myself, hey I pray none the less.

The word religious is much more to me than this short paragraph, its my life, I am a religious person, Einstein told this to someone too and I thought it was true of me also.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When people used to say to me on FS 'I'm not very religious' my answer was always 'no neither am I'. I wasn't being facetious, merely explaining that my outlook is not that of a person who wants to worship anyone or take part in any kind of religious service. I thougth I had the truth of course and wasn't in a religion.

Possibly there is a religious personality type or even a gene, I don't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_gene

I haven't looked at this in depth it could be rubbish but it's an interesting idea.

• besty
    besty

This is pretty simple Kate - you said "Einstein believed in God". I showed you where he said he didn't believe in a personal God.

You said Einstein didn't label himself. I showed you where he did apply labels to himself.

You then backed up a little and said he believed in an Intelligent Creator. I asked you for evidence to support this view.

You then quoted Max Jammer in support, which quote doesn't even come close to Einstein saying he believed in an Intelligent Creator.

Now you say you'lll get back to me.

Einstein was an agnostic Spinozan pantheist. For you to say, without qualification, "Einstein believed in God" is deliberately ambiguous - if you are hundreds of pages into a book about his religious beliefs there is no other conclusion.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Possibly there is a religious personality type or even a gene, I don't know.-Xant

Interesting theory indeed, Fink says that it's all psychological. I think God could have evolved some to have the gene and others not to. If this gene exists I would say more vocal atheists who have morals and compassion may have it too. IMO vocal atheists love to talk about theology.

Xant, why do you think you are not religious?

Kate xx

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

KateWild: you said

"but I do not consider myself a theist either" post 2034

You are a Theist. Look it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit