Millions die in Natural disasters - God is doing nothing. Do I adopt Anthropomorphism to him?

by KateWild 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Prologos, that is like hanging children on perilous branches over a cliff top and saying "ok your turn to look after yourselves"

*SNAP*

"oh dear, nothing to do with me!"

• KateWild
    KateWild

Which god and what evidence is there for him/her?- snare

An Intelligent Creator God

What texts are you using to define him and based on what evidence do you use them?-snare

Sceince defines God to me, as there is more knwledge out there than we know

Snare, you are good at answering a question with a question, you just dodged the bullet IMO, so as to the q's in the OP can you answer the now? Or are you unable to due to your non-existant faith that ther is a God? Kate xx

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

What intelligent god (conveniant) are you talking about and what literature or evidence are you using as a source for your answers?

if it is just conjecture, then, I have cartoons to watch :D x

"Sceince defines God to me, as there is more knwledge out there than we know"

What does that sentence even mean? What is science to you? Science is a 5 step process for recording observable data, suggested by the philosopher Francis Bacon....how does that define god to you? What you said makes no sense, It is just jibba jabba, mumbo jumbo.... The sentence doesn't mean anything.

Science gives us data, that data IF ANYTHING has shown religious texts to be wrong, that data has shown we evolved, that data shows no evidence for god. So unless you can be very specific, I literally have no idea whatyour words mean...

what piece of evidence, via science, defines god for you, so as to be able to explain away his role or lack of in natural disasters?

• KateWild
    KateWild

DJS,

Intresresting post, well written. You desrve a beer, sure why not matey. Have one on me, or looke me up when you are in the UK next. Kate xx

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

I'm enjoying this thread and suddenly a line came into my head, from a movie.

Lost Horizon, lyrics by Burt Bacharach, "question me an answer and I'll answer you a question"

something like that.

• KateWild
    KateWild

not be worth our time or attention.-cofty

From all the posters on JWN, you are one of a handful that have given me lots of time and attention. When i talk about God you engage. I am giving God my attention on this thread, by extention so are you.

Do you not agree? Perhaps not, but that is my view

Kate xx

• bohm
    bohm

It is a bit funny you say we should not anthropomorphize God and in the same sentence you call God a "he".

Can God think? Can God feel? Can God act?

If yes, you are giving God human attributes. If not, what is it you call God?

• prologos
    prologos

S&R

creator or not, I think a good case could be made our abode is a great place to live. Are there disasters, yes, the cold right now. the floods, waves. the volcanoes, earth quakes.

Look at the ingenuity deployed to preven, cope with these. We are not babies any more.

some thinkers propose that without past "disasters" there would be no life as we know it on this planet.

Do not procreate in areas where you will starve, drown, freeze, fry. you have been warned.

broken branch? not this earth. not yet. perhaps a billion years left for the capable.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Also kate, how can I answer your question, I dont believe in a god at all... So I have to start with the simplest questions..

what god?

what evidence?

its science man..... :P

• KateWild
    KateWild

What intelligent god (conveniant) are you talking about and what literature or evidence are you using as a source for your answers?-snare

I cannot prove God exists, but I have faith he does, but I do not think he is a'morphic so therefore the fact he has not put an end to suffereng has not caused me to waver in my faith.

But you clearly need evidence to philosophise on this point. Fair do's

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit