Millions die in Natural disasters - God is doing nothing. Do I adopt Anthropomorphism to him?

by KateWild 199 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

I'm curious why it matters what Einstein believed about god?-Lucid

It doesn't matter. I am interested in him, and am reading him, so I quote what I find interesting. But his religious beliefs don't matter a hoot! Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Besty,

Spinoza, was pantheist, but Einstien in that quote on page 148 goes on to talk about the pursuit of science in studying nature leads to religon. So he was not a pantheist at all, but he was ambigious and carefully guarded as to what he said in public and what he wrote.

I don't think he wanted to be labeled, that's my view.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Hate to say it Kate, but this is just cognative dissonance again.-K99

Possibly, I have only missed 10 meetings. I accept I am still deprogramming form a damaging cult and need to get rid of any residual CD, I need to be clear thinking for the benefit of my family. Kate xx

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

How lovely, we three all agree that it doesn't matter.

Now I'm curious if you've heard of

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

It would be more honest to say that he "may" have believed "at some point" in "some sort" of god... Or maybe not.

Otherwise it might look like you were just using this argument as a "red herring".

Just a thought.

• KateWild
    KateWild

It would be more honest to say that he "may" have believed "at some point" in "some sort" of god... Or maybe not.-Lucid

Very good point, I need to put these terms around my phrases, so I am clear it's only a viewpoint not a fact. Kate xx

• besty
    besty

“I believe in Spinoza’s God, who reveals himself in the lawful harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and the doings of mankind.”

Albert Einstein 1929.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes more evidience of his ambiguity, Einstein did not say he was a pantheist, he did not either define Spinoza's God, he also stated later than 1929 he did not agree with all that Spinoza said. I can't be bothered to find it now, but it's in this book I am reading

I have established that as a role model Einstien's goal could have been to remain silent to a degree about religion. He says a lot of nothing, which gives the reader the opportunity to put words into his mouth. Atheists want him on their side and theists on theirs.

I have been told twice on this thread what label fits me, both Atheist and Theist, I believe I am niether. I simply believe in God, if one wishes to enquire more of me I will state my position on particular topics.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I do not believe however in a God that punishes and rewards, but I believe in a creator. Kate xx

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

KateWild,

Thanks for your willingness to explain your lexicon. It helps to see the underpinning of your ruminations.

If you are open to continue, please explain your understanding of the verb and action "to evolve" - in relation to life/lifeforms.

At times, you speak of evolution as a hands-off process - set into motion by "God" - but, essentially, left to its own devices undirected. E.g.,

- "What is God's plan for humankind?"

I don't think God has one, I think the creator want's [sic] to observe how humans evolve.

On another occasion, however, you speak of guided evolution - human evolution by direct action of "God", and with purpose:

"Possibly there is a religious personality type or even a gene, I don't know." -Xant

Interesting theory indeed, Fink says that it's all psychological. I think God could have evolved some to have the gene and others not to.

Care to clarify?

• Viviane
    Viviane

This thread seems like what would happen if Ken Ham, Dorothy Murdock and Zercharia Sitchin got drunk in a bar, had sex and managed to have a 3-way baby. And the parents name Icke and Velikovsky as the god-parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit