The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Adam - just so you know I don't read your self-aggrandising posts anymore. Others might.

• tec
    tec

Tammy, I have a quick question. I read over some of the stuff you wrote, about Adam and Eve being spirit creatures. If they were never even supposed to be on the Earth, why was it create?

I never said they weren't supposed to be on the earth. They weren't supposed to be on the earth in these bodies that have sin and death in them. They weren't supposed to be limited to the earth. They could move in and out of the Garden (spiritual realm) and earth (physical realm)... until they had the long garment of skin (not the same body that they were created with) and could not longer access the spiritual realm.

This flesh and blood cannot enter the spiritual realm. It is unclean, it has sin and death in it. The new body ("like" what they first had, the white robe Christ gives) is clean in the blood of the lamb, and can move between spiritual and physical. Not limited to just one, but can move between both.

Why would God send them to a planet that would kill millions of their children? Is that a "sins of the father" sort of thing that we just need to accept?

Before the fall, before the long garment of skin... none of those children were subject to death.

Even if there WAS a good reason to NOT stop the tsunami, couldn't he have warned them? If there would have been even worse consequences from that, why can't God just tell us?

Who says that He did not warn them? Man doesn't do so well at hearing and listening to Him. (Christ now). Man doesnt' even believe He CAN speak. Much less listen and obey Him. Even with what we have written... that some consider to be the word of God... how many disregard what they do not want to hear? Selective hearing?

We have prophets because man did not listen. Not because God did not speak. Or Christ, now.

Your point number 6 is not true, no one demanding what God said would be in heaven, just saying "how about a home that doesn't kill us?"

It would not have killed us if not for the fall. The movements of the earth are essential for life ON this planet, and that brings natural events such as tornadoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, ice storms, etc, etc. I have not yet seen anyone even attempt to prove the claim that this world could support life without the movments of this world that are currently IN this world.

I also never said 'heaven'. I said the Kingdom. The Kingdom comes down out of heaven, but the Kingdom is on earth.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Problem, adamah, is your parsing of morality as if there were no such thing as universal truth.

• cofty
    cofty

My problem with challenging Tammy's fairy stories is that she is only one of a handful of people on planet earth who believes Shelby's drivel so the cost/benefit of giving her attention is questionable.

She craves attention and if you encourage her she will go on forever.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

" It would not have killed us if not for the fall."

Neanderthals, homo-erectus, dinosaurs,they all died enmasse before humans existed. The earth didnt all of the sudden become hostile 6000 yrs ago.

omg.... Tec, this is embarassing. Also you are getting this from the bible, how do you know this bit is correct but the bit where god commands genocide isnt.

exactly! Game over.

• adamah
    adamah

Adam - just so you know I don't read your self-aggrandising posts anymore. Others might.

Oh, puleeze, Cofty, I not being "marked" by you, am I?

And thank you for allowing others to read my posts, since for a minnit there I was worried you might order everyone to shun me!

It's like you're trying to prove the old saying, "You can take (or kick) the JW elder out of the organization" (you know the rest)....

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Adam,

dude seriously... PLEASE.... Just write your answer, we can read what 'x' said. Anyone not paying attention wont read your post anyway.

• adamah
    adamah

Jgnat said-

Problem, adamah, is your parsing of morality as if there were no such thing as universal truth.

I don't follow: can you clarify (perhaps with an example of what I said)?

Adam

• tec
    tec

Tammy ... did your god interfere to confuse languages to intentionally prevent mankind's unity?

No, not that I know of, and certainly not for that reason.

Did he stop the sun so the Israelites could slaughter people putting them at a disadvantage?

The sun does not 'move'... but the earth? I am not sure. If He did it would have been in response to a request from one who belongs to Him, not because God wanted anyone to be slaughtered.

Did he cause the worst 'natural disaster' ever? (the flood)

Yes... in a sense. Others caused the need for it. He did what He did to protect His children. To protect the seed. Including those not YET born. From those who would have destroyed them.

and so on, and so on.

Your god is an interfering little shit isn't he and yet when he could do good you claim he can't interfere.

You do not know my God.

He has interfered... he has protected Life, and given us His Son. He has given us a way home, even though he owes us nothing; a way back to Life, eternal life. He guides those who listen, now through His Son; who taught and gave instruction, who still teaches and speaks because He lives. God gave us a sign that we too have no fear of death... but that we will life, and Christ and His resurrection IS that sign.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

The movements of the earth are essential for life ON this planet - Tammy

Yes but earthquakes are not. We covered that already.

Mountains are pushed up gradually over thousands of years, a very large earthquake my push a moutain range up by just 4 or 5 metres. This has to happen thousands of times to reach the huge heights of ranges like the Himalayas. If plates moved smoothly over each other causing nothing but a slight temor the mountains would still grow. Earthquakes are not necessary.

Earthquakes have been happening for millions of years before humans existed so it is facile to blame human activity. Earthquakes are an example of bad design. The god of christian theism booby-trapped the planet knowing it would result in millions of preventable violent deaths.

When the Asian tsunami ocurred he watched the wave that began as no more than a slight swell, rush towards the lands around the Pacfic Rim. He knew a quarter of a million people would die and millions more injured and bereaved and he did nothing.

This god is not loving, knowing and powerful. It is a fatal blow to christian theism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit