The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

Wow, you don't even know the crazy stories you base your warped beliefs on?

Tower of babel ring any bells?

I know the tower of babel story.

I don't base my faith on stories or upon the bible. But rather upon Christ.

The bible is not infallable. The bible is not inerrant. The bible is not the Word of God.

The bible is a witness (the accounts of several witnesses) that points TO the Word of God, who is Christ.

Christ is the only one who shows us His Father.

Not the bible.

Not man.

Not this world

Not nature.

Christ.

Peace,

tammy

• Simon
    Simon

>> You know what Tammy? You are a vile, insensitive, insulting, hypocritical, unthinking excuse for a human.

Nice to know that you are exempt from the rules you apply to others. I said something as vile as that... I would be banned at once.

As you can see I already changed that to address the opinions you express rather than you personally. I stand by my view of your beliefs and expressions but apologise for saying 'you' were vile for believing such things.

I do question why you show up here and try and bombard us with your nonsense. You're opinions are not really welcome and we don't enjoy the frustrating experience trying to reason with someone who can't stick to an argument or accept any logic and simply just resorts to "it's a mystery". Heck, you won't even acknowledge things based on what your god claims to have said in the bible.

Why are you here exactly? Do the voices tell you which websites to visit?

Get some medication.

• cofty
    cofty

Let's try Tammy's apologetics on a real vicitm...

"Why are you adding into your summaries that 5 million people were displaced? That is a hardship... but big deal," - Tammy who speaks with god.

• Simon
    Simon

I don't base my faith on stories or upon the bible. But rather upon Christ.

The bible is not infallable. The bible is not inerrant. The bible is not the Word of God.

The bible is a witness (the accounts of several witnesses) that points TO the Word of God, who is Christ.

WTF? A Christian who doesn't believe in the bible but does believe that Christ is God (who wrote the bible).

That IS a new one! What a mixed up mess your mind must be ... seriously, you need to get some professional help.

I don't think we have any basis for any further discussion - this forum is not here for you to blather on about your own personal delusions which many find repugnant.

• tec
    tec

Thanks for admitting first that the bible writers weren't divinely inspired (you'd think god of all people would know how the solar system worked?) and also that you have a very, very limited knowledge of the bible. Have you actually even read it? It's fairly typical that the most vehement adherents are the least knowledgable about the bible and it's history.

I have read it many times. Enough that I know it does not claim itself to be inerrant. In fact, 'it' claims the opposite. Jeremiah 8:8, and the various times that Christ says, "Woe to you scribes". Scribes are the ones who write down the law, the histories, etc, etc, including the prophets and prophecies. Scribes are also translators.

The prophets are inspired. But that does not mean that everything written (or translated) is as it should be.

The story (in the bible) is that he stopped the day so his chosen people could continue their slaughter of those who simply had the misfortune to be born to non-chosen parents of a different race.

Yes, I know the story. I do not know if everything written in it is true.

Today we call it genocide, but you no doubt call such things "good".

No, I would not. Please stop assuming that I have such traits or that I would do something that I would NOT do.

Also, stopping the solar system would take vastly much more time and effort than just stopping one storm on one planet of the solar system. He can do the former to enable a slaughter but can't be arsed doing the latter to save innocent people, children and babies?

Like I said... I don't know about it. Of course, the person asking for that DID belong to God and did have the ear of God. The covenant was different with Israel also, than the covenant that we have through Christ. That covenant is for forgiveness of sins, for eternal life and a Kingdom.

Tell us more about this god of love you worship.

Look at and listen to Christ... and you will know also.

Peace,

tammy

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I know the story. I do not know if everything written in it is true.

But you believe in Christ who was only in the bible? Well ... actually a re-hash of earlier stories from other beliefs.

What gives you the right to pick and chose which pieces you believe in?

It's like believing in Harry Potter but not Lord Voldemort.

The prophets are inspired. But that does not mean that everything written (or translated) is as it should be.

The claim is that it's inspired. If it isn't then you have no basis to believe any of it. Either it's god's word and protected / handed down or it isn't.

Now what story were the Tsunami and Holocaust victims supposed to believe in that prevented god from interceding in their mysery?

Does it all come down to voices in someone's head?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Simon, umm, where have you been? This is nothing new about Tammys beliefs. This is why it is futile to engage with her as her whole belief system is a self supporting circular delusion floating in mid air with no foundations at all (except the voice in her head).

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy's apologetics is at the extreme end of group of responses that seek to minimise the reality of human suffering.

They believe that anything that happens in this physical life is of no importance compared to a make-believe world to come.

Like Scientology, Tammy goes further than normal and posits that physical life only exists because things went wrong.

It is a reflection of Platonic spirit-body duality. Taken to a logical conclusion it is the foundation of the theology that flies aeroplanes into buildings.

"That is a hardship... but big deal,"

• tec
    tec

Quote mining again Cofty?

As you can see I already changed that to address the opinions you express rather than you personally. I stand by my view of your beliefs and expressions but apologise for saying 'you' were vile for believing such things.

Thank you.

I do question why you show up here and try and bombard us with your nonsense. You're opinions are not really welcome and we don't enjoy the frustrating experience trying to reason with someone who can't stick to an argument or accept any logic and simply just resorts to "it's a mystery". Heck, you won't even acknowledge things based on what your god claims to have said in the bible.

Some don't want me here. Some do.

What am I supposed to do about that?

Why are you here exactly? Do the voices tell you which websites to visit?

I don't hear voices.

I am here because I found this place off jwfacts, same as a lot of people, and I had just ended my study... so I continued to research on the internet. Same as many people.

Do I think I was guided here? Yes, for whatever reason.

But at the time I just loved being here from the start; I loved this place, and the people here. I loved the discussions and debates. I felt part of this community, and I grew in my faith during my time here, just as some leave their faith or as some others grow in their faith. I share that faith also.

I have also been asked to stay by various members. Some of those who belong to my God ARE here. Maybe many. Maybe all. That is not my business. I am a servant of them also, though Christ and God first. If I can help them in any way, as they seek Him, then great. Even if just one.

Peace,

tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

"I don't base my faith on stories or upon the bible. But rather upon Christ.

Not the bible.

Not man.

Not this world

Not nature.

Christ."

(Tammy)

Well said Tammy, and agreed. What a pity that so few appear to be actually reading what you say but simply rushing to incensed conclusions to justify their ridiculing and insulting of a believer. There is an almost palpable panic that atheism might be questioned so very truthfully.

Peace my sister.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit