The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I love the word 'vulgar' it is such an fun word.... It is the second time this week I have heard it thrown about on this fourm.

Before you point fingers at such mild vulgarity, consider, as a JW You were content to tell your Kids that...

Lot was a good guy, though he banged his daughters whilst drunk in a cave.

Noah was a hero, though he got drunk and naked and cursed his son for laughing at him.

God got angry with some kids calling elijah baldy, so he had a bear kill them all.

Elijah asked if Baal' was busy taking a piss.....

Solomon had prostitues galore and wrote the most vulgar poetry such as cedar planks entering holes in walls, and equating his testicals to that of a randy bull...

David had a man murdered so he could shag a woman in a bath, then god killed the resulting baby as punishment.

God impregnated mary without her consent.

The israelites were allowed to kidnap womem from the surrounding territories and take them as wives.

Lot once more, offered his daughters up for sex to his neighbours, in exchange for them having sex with some angels.

But WE are vulgar..... Give me a break. Chill out! It isnt 1897, its 2014 and we are all grown up. Tee hee....

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

S&R - you should probably just stick to commenting on which page # we've reached. All your comments that I've seen are unecessary, but at least those are accurate and somewhat informative (for those who cannot be bothered to scroll).

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Because I had a point...

What's more crude and offensive than having the ability to save hundreds of thousands of people, and not doing so? Don't you become offended when you learn that humans with millions of dollars let their neighbors die of starvation? I would hope so.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

So it's okay to be delibrately crude and offensive just so long as you can imagine something more crude and offensive. Good point. Well you'll keep S&R happy. It is 2014 after all.

• Simon
    Simon

You are right that I can't prove it. Therefore I will not claim that there is a logical proof that it is impossible. I will simply treat the information in accord with my value system of whether it is likely/important or not. In this case I would simply ignore it.

Correct. Now what if I followed you round telling you about the glory of Elvis and how Elvis was wonderful and how you too should believe in Elvis.

Wouldn't you get tired of hearing it?

That's you that is.

Why are we even putting up with your drivel?

• Simon
    Simon

I have ignored comments that are simply trying to draw out responses that can be misused.

That means "get me to state the logical conclusion of my beliefs which will make me look silly".

Face it - you are ASHAMED of your god, as well you should be.

You struggle to defend him. Hardly the ring of truth is it?

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Correct. Now what if I followed you round telling you about the glory of Elvis and how Elvis was wonderful and how you too should believe in Elvis.

Wouldn't you get tired of hearing it?

That's you that is. Simon

Simon - Show me one single quote where I have said that God was wonderful and/or that you should believe in him.

Baseless invented rhetoric.

• Simon
    Simon

My patience with you is wearing thin flamegrilled - you now seem determined to insult people. Your posting limit was restored supposedly because it was interfering with your discussing the topics but you could have 1,000 posts a day and we wouldn't get anywhere - you're simply wasting our time.

Get to the point or accept that any decision I make is ultimately a manifestation of god showing you love and part of his mysterious agenda that you can't possibly comprehend.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Elvis lives in me.

No I don't.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

This thread was supposedly against God on the basis that if he existed he would be inconsistent with his own rules.

Dr. Steve: [to Homer] Simpson! You're not a licensed chiropractor, and you're stealing patients from me and from Dr. Steffi.
    Homer: Boy, talk about irony. The AMA tries to drive you guys out of business, now you're doing the same to me. Think about the irony.
    Dr. Steve: [grabs Homer by the collar] You've been warned. Stop chiropracting.
    Homer: Not unless you think about the irony.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit