The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

If I can help them in any way, as they seek Him, then great. Even if just one.

Tammy has just admitted that her purpose in being here is proselytizing for her dehumanising voice-hearing cult.

Loz and Tammy I will not permit this thread to be derailed to feed your insatiable ego.

5 million lives devastated - "That is a hardship... but big deal,"

• cofty
    cofty

There is an almost palpable panic that atheism might be questioned so very truthfully. - Loz

Loz if you want to join the conversation please see the summary first and offer something on topic.

The topic is how the events of 26th December 2004 can be reconciled with christian theism.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think it's more like incredulity that here in 21st century people still base their lives and those of their children on things that have been debunked (the bible) fairy tales and misfiring brain activity like auditory hallucinations.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Another successful effort by Tammy to make a thread all about her. I tried not to get sucked in and failed.

Damnit, even this post feeds that cycle....

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yea I saw that Cofty, and Tammy has expressed herself admirably on the subject. I am surely allowed to agree with her or is it only those who disagree with believers who are allowed to comment here?

Loz x

• cofty
    cofty

You are wlcome to add to the conversation Loz not to wave your pom poms

Summary so far...

• tec
    tec

Thank you my sister. May you also have peace from our Lord.

Simon, I may have to go for a bit, as I have some things to do at home, and also have work this afternoon/evening. But I do want to want to and will answer your questions. I would ask and hope that you withhold judgment from what others SAY I believe and feel and do, until I can answer you myself, and honestly.

Peace,

tammy

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

There is a good reason Flamegrilled refuses to engage in anything except a flawed analogy.

The only reason that I didn't move beyond the logical example is because you refused to answer it, and/or insisted that it be turned into an analogy to fit the tsunami specifically, which I explicitly had said I never intended.

Now that you say that you grant the point made I am happy to discuss it beyond that. But as long as you grant that the point is made then the assertion made in your OP is not necessarily true. It might well appear that the existence of a loving higher being is impossible in the light of the tsunami or any other "natural evil", but since we can already conceive of circumstances under which such a conclusion would be false based upon limited information we cannot be certain that reaching such a conclusion would be true in this case.

I have company right now, but I will try to respond to the further points later.

• bohm
    bohm

WMF: It is so frustrating it is the case. The other day i saw a clip on youtube from (i think) saudi arabia with two guys arguing when it is okay to blow up muslims when you are trying to kill infidels. There was some scriptual disagreement on the point, but it went without saying that blowing up infidels was generally a fine idea.

how the heck is this possible? even if one end up thinking a book or idea or voice is properly associated with god, how does one arrive at that sort of certainty that every contrary idea is just a puzzle, and one should find a way (any way) to defeat and if thats not possible, assert it's a mystery and be done with the subject.

I just can't accept people think like that in this day and age.

• tec
    tec

You are being unbelieveably dishonest here Cofty in quote mining what I said. This is not even remotely a surpise to me... or to the many others you have done this to.

And if you want to tell Loz she cannot agree with something anyone has said... then how about you go back and say the same thing to those who have agreed with you?

Off now...

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit