Why are there no black angels?

by snare&racket 79 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I thought there was 1 token acceptably black cafe au lait angel in the 80s or so. Or maybe I'm thinking of Nebuchadnezzar (too lazy to look up correct spelling on that one).

The fact that he was light toast color strikes me as being more racist than not leaving him out altogether. If it was King N, not so much.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Black people didn't exist until AFTER Noah's flood (via one of his sons). The heavenly kingdom was already in place by then.

• humbled
    humbled

BackseatDevil,seriously?

You are kidding, right?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Humbled he's not kidding. I was taught that in the 50's The Watchtower once said that the black people would turn white in paradise. ( after they reached perfection of course)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Have you guys never heard of " KING " magazine?!

DD

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Have you guys never heard of "King" magazine?!

The Stacey Dash cover...my my my.....

• humbled
    humbled

Come on---what's KING magazine?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Only the illest mag ever...

DD

• jam
    jam

How about this, Santa Claus is white. My brother told me he was

listening to a talk show and the caller said that Santa Claus is white

and so is Jesus. So my brother said that was so stupid, Santa is

not real. WTH, people are debating the race of someone who never

existed. In regards to black angels, I thought they were all transparent.

Wouldn't a all wise God think about that. No one race could

claim superiority over another.

What would have happen if a Asian angel appeared before Moses?

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

@humbled sorry, but 3rdgen is correct, I am not kidding. Adam and Eve were "perfection"... and they were white(ish). And they spoke Hebrew (supposedly). They were created in God's image... therefore God is presumably white as well. The kingdom of heaven is thus an all-white sausage fest.

Now, with the confusion at the Tower of Babel we get different languages of the earth.

And per Noah's Shem, Ham, and Japheth we get the races. Ham -> Cush -> East African inhabitants a.k.a. "black people." So before the flood there were no black people. They didn't exist until after Cush.

(PLEASE realize I can barely make it through this without peeing myself.)

NOW, The Latter Day Saints come right out and say that Ham was the "cursed" son, and that's how we got the black folks (this is biblically incorrect as Noah cursed his grandson Canaan, NOT Ham). Because of that, the only way a black person could get into heaven is by being a slave of a white Mormon. Jehovah's Witnesses are more subtle, of course. I personally was never taught that black people would turn white in the new system, but we were all going to slowly turn BACK into perfection and as a Mexican I assumed that meant being lighter skinned and speaking Hebrew (no real answer on our clothes, however). The Latter Day Saints have changed their view, of course. And Jehovah's Witnesses have moved their slight passive agressive authoritarian condescension from racism to homophobia.

But the only black angels would be those of the 144,000 who were black here on earth - the 144,000 didn't start until after Christ died. And black people didn't hear the word of god until AFTER the bible was written. SO all angels portrayed from the garden of Eden to Revelation would thus all be white.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit