Why does Organic Chemistry prove God's exists?

by KateWild 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

So bring it on, and lay the evidence on me, Kate (but perhaps you should start a new thread).-Adam

It does not prove God exists, there is no substantial evidence God is real. If one is a self labeled atheist, one has no desire to see Gods fingerprints in organic chemistry. If one is a believer as I am, we think of God all the time and see him in work, play and education.

Organic chemistry is all about a special element, Carbon. This is the most wonderful element on the periodic table. It's properties include having isoforms such as diamond and graphite

Other properties include the structure of benzene rings in solvents and solids, and in natural life forms. Benzene rings have equatorial and axial hydrogens. This order and structure determines the properties of chemicals, solids and living things.

I am a very religious person, if something triggers my organic chemistry knowledge, I think of God. Many atheists do not, they are not as religious as me. This does not prove God exists, but it is compelling evidence that it is more probable an intelligent Creator is responsible than not.

Kate xx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sam,

This does not prove God exists.......

Nuff said!

it is compelling evidence that it is more probable an intelligent Creator is responsible than not.

It is compelling evidence of the nature of electrons in molecular structures.....nothing else.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

KateWild:

it is compelling evidence that it is more probable an intelligent Creator is responsible than not.

It's really not. Intrinsic behaviour of a substance doesn't necessitate an 'intelligent creator'. And it certainly has no bearing on the existence of a deity. And it's so far from the concept of a deity that 'requires' worship that it scarcely warrants mentioning at all.

Physicists can predict not only the behaviour of known elements but also the existence and behaviour of unknown ones. The behaviour of materials at the atomic level don't require any kind of 'direction' from an outside source.

It's fairly safe to say that more than 99.99% of the known universe is not suitable for life as we know it, and even much of our own planet is inhospitable, so there's very little reason to believe that the physical universe lends greater probability to the belief that humans are 'special' to an 'intelligent creator'.

Carbon doesn't behave in a 'more special' way than any other substance, and if the behaviour of carbon were to be seen as making an 'intelligent creator' 'more probable', then the same would be true of any element. Just because carbon has properties that are interesting or convenient (see anthropic principle), that lends no more 'support' to an 'intelligent creator' than do the properties of any other substance.

Saying that the properties of a physical substance is 'evidence' of 'God' (which you haven't gone as far as saying) would be like saying that someone doing a good deed is 'evidence' that they're a Christian.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Many atheists are not as religious as me therefore god exists.... hmmm.

I am a very religious person therefore god exists..... hmmm.

Carbon lifeforms therefore god exists..... hmmm.

Are you just trolling again and being an attention whore?

Do you care whether what you believe and think is actually true or just that it makes you feel good?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Are you just trolling again and being an attention whore?

That's about it..........

• KateWild
    KateWild

Intrinsic behaviour of a substance doesn't necessitate an 'intelligent creator'.- Jeffro

I did not state God is needed. The chemical properties of elements and carbon in this case make me think of God. I philosophise when I study organic chemistry. Because I am more religious than an atheist.

I agree physicists can predict what has already been created, this is not evidence of God. It is however, more probable to conclude there is a Creator. In as far as the laws of probabilities are concerned, there is compeling evidence just in the structure of carbon to promote a high probability of an intelligent Creator.

Nuff said cantleave

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Are you just trolling again and being an attention whore?-WMF

LOL! Tbh, not today really. I need to pack and do washing for our holiday. We leave first thing. I was starting a thread in Adamh's honour. He asked me to on another thread. You know how he likes to debate.

In general though WMF, I must admit cantleave is right, I am a wind-up merchant when I am bored and bait anyone for a laugh. But I have a new TTATT nieghbour xJW cool stuff eh?

Kate xx

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

KateWild:

Because I am more religious than an atheist.

And I'm taller than a midget.

It is however, more probable to conclude there is a Creator. In as far as the laws of probabilities are concerned, there is compeling evidence just in the structure of carbon to promote a high probability of an intelligent Creator.

Except that it's not. The structure of carbon has no bearing at all on the probability of the existence of an 'intelligent creator'. It's just a rhetorical assertion.

• KateWild
    KateWild

And I'm taller than a midget.-Jeffro

ROFL, hahahaha!! My assertions are substantiated by organic chemistry in this case. The knowledge I have in my personal experience increases the probability of a intelligent Creator more so than no intelligent Creator is involved at all.

Kate xx

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

"The knowledge I have in my personal experience increases the probability of a intelligent Creator"

You may be a whiz at organic chemistry, but you have a lot to learn about the laws of probability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit