Is it just me or has this site become a Believer/Atheist warzone?

by BU2B 288 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Really? You read people's JWN PRIVATE messages do you Outlaw?

I stand by every word of my post.....Cofty

I work with Both Administrations..

So..

I know when there is a Problem,that Concerns both the Forums..

Those problems get dealt with,as Quickly as Possible..

Both Forums would like to Keep a Healthy Relationship with Each Other..

There is "No Recruiting Allowed" in JWN PM`s..

I work with Both Forums to make sure,there are "No Misunderstandings" about the "Rules on JWN"..

Any Concerns about "Recruiting PM`s" on JWN and Tammy,have been Dealt With..

................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Twitch
    Twitch

Ignoring the ramblings of modern day prophets and those who profess divine, direct revelation is good policy IMO

At one time, such people irked me. Now it's more like, eh whatever. Arguing with fools and/or the faithful is rather pointless.

Offering a counterpoint is of value to those who are undecided but I'm not responsible for the decisions of others. There's a sucker born every minute.

As for the thread topic, this site has always had such "battles", just the faces have changed and will always IMO.

• cofty
    cofty

Don't be so pretentious Outlaw. Unless you read everybodies PMs you would have no idea if recruiting is going on.

I have no interest in what lunacy goes on at the voice-hearing forum. I would rather stick pins in my eyes than read their fantasies.

I do care about it spilling over to this forum.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Don't be so pretentious Outlaw.

Unless you read everybodies PMs you would have no idea if recruiting is going on.....Cofty

I don`t need to read PMs..When I`m "Told" theres a problem concerning the 2 Forums,with PM`s on JWN..

As both Forums want to keep a Healthy Relationship with each other..

The problem is Resolved as Quickly as Possible..

.................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• tec
    tec

First, thank you Kate, EdenOne, LisaRose, Gladiator, and Outlaw... for speaking up and for your kindness. Thank you.

I am going to respond to a few things that have not been addressed, and no more than that. I do not think that my accusers read the posts past what they want to see, but those who do want to know the truth can discern for themselves and will read all.

I will state that those of you who claim that i insult you are reacting to a PERCEIVED insult... and then responding with very real and personal insults.

Nic said:

She fraudulently misrepresents herself and tells the most outrageous lies for . . . . what purpose?

Exactly! For WHAT purpose would I do such a thing? I have been here for almost four years, and closer to 13000 posts. I have a life that I actually like. I have my faith in my Lord, children, a husband, a job, interests, family... what is the point in coming to an on-line forum to be a fraud and a liar? Makes NO sense to me that someone would waste any precious time doing such a thing.

We do have people who come here and use satire to fight lies and we also have jw apologists who are actually just playing devil's advocate in order to reveal the devil.

Well, I don't have the skill and/or the patience to do the satire... and I can't play devil's advocate.

WMF said:

Let's all use it every time Tammy does and see how she likes it. I'd love to see Cofty in action using this technique LOL.

let the shouting commence, as my Lord told me so:

I would do exactly what I DID do (what I heard TO do, that is also written) when I joined the forum and read someone else speaking as they were given by the Spirit. Ignore the claim, and instead focus on the message: "testing the inspired expression to see if it came from God."

Same thing I have shared that you and anyone else CAN do.

Band said... again,

There is something I can't articulate about voice hearers. These are not reasonable beliefs. There can be no discussion. One cannot even resort to scriptural analysis b/c they don't accept the Bible. The voices have supremacy.

The only reason you cannot resort to scriptural analysis... is because what is written in the bible would prove you wrong.

For an atheist to think that someone who hears the voice of Christ ... I can understand this. For a theist... who wants to also use the bible... I can't understand that. If you do not want to read/hear about it because it frightens you... that is one thing, and I am sorry that the wts did that to you. Truly sorry. But why fight against someone who is living the faith that you profess to have, as is also written in the book you want to discuss?

Band also said:

Simon evidently decline their demand for a section where no one else can respond. Since no other group has such threads, it seems to be a fair solution to me.

Never happened. You might want to rethink the validity of your 'source' of information.

Outlaw already responded to Cofty's accusations about my forum, which anyone who cares to know whether the accusations are true or not could just check out for themselves. And of course you stand by your post, Cofty, because you don't actually care what is true, as long as it is against anyone who has faith and professes a living Christ.

But again, thank you all of you who spoke up.. not necessarily for me personally, but for what you saw as unjust or unfair or silly, and for what you know and see as true. Peace to you all, tammy

• Band on the Run
  • cofty
    cofty

I don`t need to read PMs..When I`m "Told" theres a problem - Outlaw

So if people were being recruited you would have no idea unless they decided to alert you.

Recruitment and manipulation is going on. Predictably, former members of the voice-hearing cult are dismissed as liars, just as ex-Jws are by loyal dubs.

Tammy - I have repeated this many times. You are welcome to your faith as is anybody else. It is not ok that you destroy and derail every interesting conversation by acting like a wannabe spirit medium.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Lard is good for you, it told me so.

Hmmmmmmmmm, hmmmm.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Cofty, much as I have built up a respect, and affection, for Tammy since being on this site, quite often the lady acts more like a troll than a debater.

As to the question in the Thread Title, this place has always had healthy, vigorous, and sometimes heated debate between believers and non-believers.

I think such debate is healthy, and helps newbies to see both sides of the debate, and allows them to make up their own mind, which is surely what all of us want all people reading or taking part here to do.

No one, me , Cofty, even Tammy, wish to force our point of view on people, but we wish to show that there are alternatives to the narrow world view they may have had imposed upon them in the past.

Long may the Thrust and Parry of debate between the two camps continue !!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Thrust and Parry? Good name for a crime busting duo...

(And yes, I do know what those words mean)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit