Honest survey question on effectiveness of 'apostacy'

by Simon 178 Replies latest jw friends

• mind blown
  • Fernando
    Fernando

In my case it was personally experiencing the apostasy of the "elders" that woke me up to the fraud and impostor that the Watchtower organisation is.

BTW apostasy is not what religionists have persuaded dictionary editors.

Apostasy is not disagreeing with the "ruling religious clergy class" or defecting from their (anti-Kingdom) organisations.

Apostasy is "spiritual unfaithfulness" to the God of Abraham and his liberating message the "unabridged gospel".

There is nothing the "elders" or "ruling religious clergy class" secretly hate, fear and undermine more than the "unabridged gospel" (especially the gospel according to Paul).

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

Sites like JWN are unpayable added value.
    JWN provides a frame of solid argumentations, link to material with scholars’s cut , also some personal experiences.
    When I was a JW in good standing, all the theology and pragmatism of WTS made a lot of sense to me. It was because I was raised in that cult , and never learned critical thinking or cross-examinations. Even though I had a+ccumulated many small bugs over the years.
    When I had opportunity to weight every WTS topic with the counter-argument, everything suddendly looked so clear , and I made my choice. A difficult one.

I can say if Internet were in around in mid 80s , and so JWN and similar would have started 10 years earlier, then I’d have spared a decade in my lifetime.

Back to your question, you cannot "convince" any JWs with video and studies ...True.
    But how many would still inside without any supply , like JWN ?

• donuthole
    donuthole

My exit started with finding out on the Internet about the Watchtower's secret support of UN. Once I discovered this, I gave myself permission to look at "apostate" material on the web. Eventually I was disfellowshipped as an apostate myself.

I agree that there is no silver bullet to de-converting a Jehovah's Witness. I shared the UN information with others and they merely shrugged their shoulders at something that had shattered the religion's illusion for me.

• Ding
    Ding

"I shared the UN information with others and they merely shrugged their shoulders at something that had shattered the religion's illusion for me."

In the WT world, the boy who announced that the emperor had no clothes would be disfellowshipped and everyone else would go on pretending.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Simon - "So the warnings about apostate literature from the WTS is more to create a bogeyman and keep the mental shutters up to prevent initial doubt."

Preemptive propaganda... I never thought of it that way, but it does make sense.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Looks like there is another party just desperate to add to the thread here, but for now he's enjoying the bravery of being out of range. Read on, the comments are entertaining, especially when he starts using his depleted old WT apologist barbs. Even his own 'crew' needed to set him straight after he lit into one of his own FB friends.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

you can't change a JW, but videos and forums and online articles help a lot once you feel there's something wrong with what you believe. on the other hand some activists (the subliminal image types) sent me straight back to the watchtower when i first started searching (and joined JWN around 2001, don't remember the user name :/)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Everybody who posts here regularly is, to a degree, an activist, IMO.

The XJW community (with a few minor exceptions ) has long since figured out that measured, mature activism is far more effective in the long run than freaking the f**k out and reinforcing the WTS's "apostate" clichereotype.

• tec
    tec

Word of the day:

clichereotype

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit