philipines disaster news up on jw.org

by Captain Blithering 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

emeth:

short reply: p*ss off.

long reply: can't be bothered, so same as short reply.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" @Kate the GB members nor any of the more than 20,000 JW FTE's dont take any salary home. If they would have done so the costs for that alone would be in a range of 40,000,000 - 50,000,000 a month." - Emeth

There is corruption everywhere, and people get paid insane amounts at "Charities." I don't agree with that. Now I don't have a problem with people getting paid. The worker is worth his wages after all. The GB get paid. They have homes, food, medical care, they lack nothing, unlike the majority of poor JWs in 3rd world countries. I would love to see the youngest GB member, Mark Sanderson, working his tubby a** off at a disaster site. We all know that won't happen. When was the last time you ever saw a GB member or even a CO making tents to support themselves like Paul? NEVER. The live off the contributions of others, and they live well. Hence the constant solicitation for donations.

The real problem as I see it is the WTBTS's claim of superiority. They are very judgmental. They have just as many faults as any other "charity." I really don't think that they should be allowed to be called a charity. They print bible-based literature with donated funds for pennies on the dollar. They use the surplus to buy real estate and make Billions, all while using free labor. They don't have real hospitals or take up food collections for anyone. Just imagine what the good-heartd JWs could do. You could have the cleanest, most organized shelters/ kitchens/schools in the world. No one can deny that Jws do things in a well organized manner. The leadership is to blame for the lack of real charity work. There isn't a JW that I know who wouldn't glady volunteer their time to help run a Kitchen or Medical facility, and they would do it for free.

Sadly, the GB don't really help anyone. They are like a company that gets paid for distributing supplies. Imagine some CEO's of a company who makes safety pamplets for an airline [ you know, the ones in the seats that you read ], claiming that they are the reason air travel is a success. What a crock! The GB re-distributes a book that they did not write, and basically makes cliff-notes and commentaries based on that book. Any success that people experience applying the advice in the Bible is attributed the SLAVE! What did THEY really do? Nothing. They are just a distributer, a middle-man at best, yet they claim to be the best Organization in human history. That is an extraordinary claim that can't be backed up with facts.

They can water seeds of truth if they will, but that's it. All the good that is accomplished has nothing to do with them. Their legalism and judgmentalism of others actually hinders Jws from accomplishing greater things. If they would get their egos out of the equation, then we would see some changes for the better. Sadly, the Leaders are content to do the bare minumum, blow a trumpet ahead of themselves and exaggerate their accomplishments, all the while binding up heavy loads on the rank and file.

Edit: Also, they have BILLIONS. Those funds should be depleted before they ask for another dime. They act like they are broke. Like most rich persons they have plenty of money, they just don't want to use it. Why should they if others will pay for it. They are like the friend who never has his wallet and is always broke. He has thousands of dollars under his mattress, but he can't spend it. Where is their trust in God? Spend that Billion dollars in the Phillipines! Cast your bread onto the waters! Trust God to provide! Don't act like you are a non-profit organization who is just makes enough to pay the bills every month by the grace of God, when in reality you have billions, you just won't spend it. It's disgusting.

DD

• blondie
    blondie

Reminds me of the so-called elders down at 9/11 handing out water with WTs; but locking the doors at Brooklyn Bethel not helping any non-jws there.

• KateWild
    KateWild

DD- good answer, could not have said it better myself. I think emeth is a satire, but I am not sure. Kate xx

• emeth
    emeth

@Jeffro strange question but the answer is not that difficult. If a person is Df'd normal family affections and dealings continue.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

So Emeth, why are Jws more deserving of being helped in the event of a natural disaster? Are Jws better humans? Do you think its better for you and your goal of getting into the 'kingdom'? Will you score brownie points by helping a JW first?

Love thy neighbour, but only if he's one of us? And here's me thinking that your bible said 'in gods eyes, all men are equal'.

• emeth
    emeth

@GoneAwol i answered that already based on the bible. They belong to the same household and we are urged by gods word to do good to all but especially to those with the same religion.

Correct within Gods household people are all equal. Outside Gods household this is different

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

What are the differences?

• DS211
    DS211

Hey emeth. How about all those living in afrca and places of extremely poor conditions? Do you, who no doubt is in a much better position of living, provide help for those brothers and sisters?

14 Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If a brother or a sister is lacking clothing and enough food for the day, 16 yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it?

now what happens if you show favoritism?

james 2:9

you are doing quite well. 9 But if you continue showing favoritism, you are committing sin, and you are convicted

....and actually the proper thing to do is analyze the situation and help the one who is hurt MOST. Yes your fleshly tendency os to spring to the one you know, but often we have to make choices that go against what our emotions tell us.

Acte of faith do not just mean rendering service by slavjng yourself in a mediocre door to door preaching work in which you spend more time in the car talking to your own than ACTUALLY preachng....Jesus said LOVE your neighbor AS YOURSELF. If you were the "worldly fella" and you were bleeding feom your carotid and the JW guy next to you is bruised badly and lethargic yet kinda stable....You may have minutes to live and another JW chdcks on him first and has a short chat....then after making sure hes stable "gets to you"....most likely hes missed a window of opportunity to help you. How would you feel as that worldly guy?

Thatd be a poor witness indeed should he survive.

• KateWild
    KateWild

GA,

Don't you know the differences? Well I will explain, it is in the circular reasoning, emeth will agree with me.

The story of the Samaritan apllies.---> but what if there are two, one a Samaritan and one a JW------> then the JW is first------> But the story of the Samaritan apllies-----> Yes it does-----> but what if there are two------>then the JW first

See, Emeth I know what you mean, even if they don't get it!

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit