philipines disaster news up on jw.org

by Captain Blithering 112 Replies latest jw friends

• emeth
    emeth

@DS211 if a disaster strikes i first and foremost worry for my own relatives. The next thing is other people.

Ephesians 2:19 tells us that fellow brothers and sisters are part of the same household and Galatians 6:10 says " . . .let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith."

first things first, and that is our brotherhood and people who have chosen to be part of that international brotherhood and household of God

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

DS: Exactly what I was thinking. Someone posted what looks like the same info that Barbara posted back on page two. All the JW's that commented each used wording "praying for our brothers and sisters". Just to make a point, I used "ALL in the area", in my comment. I doubt anyone got my innuendo.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Emeth - "first things first, and that is our brotherhood and people who have chosen to be part of that international brotherhood and household of God"

So the good samaritan story means nothing to you?

If you were there and you noticed a man or woman bloody and battered crying out for help, you're telling me you would first ask them if they are JW's? And if they weren't?

Walk on by???????????????????

• KateWild
    KateWild

GA well said

• emeth
    emeth

@GoneAwol the good samaritan story is not a good example, so lets change it a bit,

suppose that along the road i notice two people bloody and battered crying out for help,.. one i do recognise as my relative and one as someone i do not know. Its only logical and natural that i would rush to my relative first and do all i can to help her before i look at the other person.

• jhine
    jhine

Emeth , you forget Theocratic Warfare , it is o.k to lie when you decide that the person can be lied to . Do you not for a moment think that when a principal of lying has been set it can be used on anyone . Do the COs lie to the congregation and do the GB lie to the DOs etc . In a screwed up religion that is obviously of the devil (all lies come from him ) how do you believe a word that emits from their mouths ?

I am writing this in a hurt and angry mood having just subtly exposed one JW in a lie to me . It hurts becaause I would have said that this lady was trustworthy and honest and now I know that she is just like the rest .

Not to be trusted .

Jan

• emeth
    emeth

@jhine i dont know why you bring up such an off topic subject and adress it to me. But the theocratic warfare mumbo jumbo does not impress me. in a world with people you have to deal with people. People are not perfect, they make mistakes and sometimes are dishonest. I have learned not to stigmatise and judge groups/races based on the experience i have with one of even some members of it.

People who do are very narrow minded and not that intelligent

• jhine
    jhine

Just read Watchtowerfree's thread about the elder lying , sounds right

Jan

• emeth
    emeth

@jhine i am not interested in that topic, its none of my business. I pick my own topics to read and post in

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

emeth:

suppose that along the road i notice two people bloody and battered crying out for help,.. one i do recognise as my relative and one as someone i do not know. Its only logical and natural that i would rush to my relative first and do all i can to help her before i look at the other person.

I notice you ignored my question on an earlier thread though...

emeth, who would you look after first: a disfellowshipped blood relative, or a JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit