philipines disaster news up on jw.org

by Captain Blithering 112 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

the parable of the Good Samaritan shows that we should give to anyone in need . We all know that the Jews and Samaritans had no liking for each other but the person in need was identified as "my brother " . Jesus said ;

" If you love those who love you , what reward will you get Are not even the tax collectors doing that ?And if you greet only your brothers , what are you doing more than others . Do not even pagans do that ? Be perfect then even as your Father in heaven is perfect . "

I have just sat through page 17 of the current home study brochure and it is stressed how quickly witnesses are helped and then others if it is possible !

They were boasting how other witnesses are reached first .

Jan

• emeth
    emeth

@GoneAwol about the widow who threw 2 coins in the treasury box ,.. Who's treasury box? And in Mark we see that many rich people threw a lot of money in... so who knows how much was already in the treasury box, i think a surplus and more than they did need.

The treasury was usually a building or a room, where money or other valuables are kept for security. Numbers 31:54 indicates that at an early period “the tent of meeting” served, in a sense, as a sacred treasury holding contributed gold.

There is never money left over since we use all of it at a certain time when needed.

• DS211
    DS211

theres never money left? You can verify this yourself? If so good Lord you spend hundreds of millions a year....id like to see those deductions, expenditures (dont forget the lawsuits for child sexual abuse) to see just how humble they are. Who knows maybe theyll pay more than 14 bucks a month to bethelites.

Dont forget to add all the huildings that soon will be sold...maybe with that they can start a "help brothers and sisters in 3 world countries who sometimes dont eat and are diseased fund". Who do those very people possibly rely on for healthcare? Missionary doctors from other denominations perhaps? Or the very people they frown upon for getting a higher education to provide such services.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

@ emeth,

They do not say that one should not give to charities but they do warn to have a good look to which charity you give and what the charity does with gifts.

This is very true. I for example always check this.. because i wouldn't want my charity to spend my money settling court cases for pedophilia, or spend my money building new facilities, or even spending my money investing in the stock market or hedge funds.

hey, but thats just me.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Emeth: thanks for this discussion. The answer you gave was a bit fluffy though.

Did Jesus approve more of a person who gave out of her all, or did he approve of those who gave a teeny tiny fraction of the riches they had accumulated?

The same with the Samaritan man. Jesus was asked by a man well versed in the law "what should i do to gain everlasting life?". Jesus replied to love neighbour as yourself, giving the Samaritan parable.

Did Jesus say only to help those with the same faith?

My point is that to help only jws first and then perhaps others is scripturaly wrong and also moraly wrong. It doesnt even feel right or sound right. Everyone is deserving of help.

Yes?

• DS211
    DS211

Have you been on JW facts emeth? Im guessing no, as we may not have had this conversation if that were the case. I encourage you mate, to go and do the research...if "the truth" ( another classic cult phrase) is in fact truth then it shouldnt matter hat comes up against it..the truth should still stand as truth under examination. You cannot have freedom by enslavemet to laws and regulations...especialky ones not clearly defined in the scriptures.

• emeth
    emeth

@All i was talking with

It seems that someone restricted my ability to post on this forum since my nr of posts is suddenly limited from 100 to 25 per 24hrs. I take that as a signal of censorship and have, because of that, decided to leave this forum for what it is.

Goodbye all this was my last post

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

You'll be back emeth.

But you have to admit the truth hurts. You belong to a loser of an organization. We know how you feel. Most of us here on this board have walked in your shoes before.

See you soon! Only don't be so difficult to reason with next time.

• DS211
    DS211

Why does that always happen when i ask a JW to research lol.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

emeth:

If a person is Df'd normal family affections and dealings continue.

No, emeth. You know, or reasonably should know, that that 'rule' only applies for disfellowshipped family members, such as a child, parent or spouse, still living in the family home. As indicated in this deplorable 'advice' to JWs:

*** w88 4/15 p. 28 pars. 13-14 Discipline That Can Yield Peaceable Fruit ***
    13 Cutting off from the Christian congregation does not involve immediate death, so family ties continue. Thus, a man who is disfellowshipped or who disassociates himself may still live at home with his Christian wife and faithful children. Respect for God’s judgments and the congregation’s action will move the wife and children to recognize that by his course, he altered the spiritual bond that existed between them. Yet, since his being disfellowshipped does not end their blood ties or marriage relationship, normal family affections and dealings can continue.
    14 The situation is different if the disfellowshipped or disassociated one is a relative living outside the immediate family circle and home. It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the relative.

We all know that 'normal family affections and dealings' do not 'continue' toward former-JW relatives and family members outside the home. So answer the question honestly.

(But thanks for demonstrating the typical JW 'group-think' by using the exact same buzzwords - "normal family affections and dealings continue" - that the JW literature uses.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit