philipines disaster news up on jw.org

by Captain Blithering 112 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Same religion=WTBTS doctrine=GB ideas= "the truth"=superior to "false religion people"=JWs are superior/special.

DD

• emeth
    emeth

@GonaAwol Good question study Gods word and ask yourself why He made a distinction between Israelites and heathens,.. True christians and fake christians, Pagans and believers etc etc.

@DS211 As a matter a fact i do. I directly support a Nigerian family in Lagos. And indirectly i support them too by contributions for the building fund of KH's in developing countries and contributions to the World Wide Work. How many african families do you support?

• DS211
    DS211

Emeth do you give to the poor? Even if they arent Jw? How about those older Jws who though (most of them have) the end was going to come and were encouraged by the FDS not to put extra money for retirement or not have a good paying job to take care of themselves later in life? Is fhere a fund for them? Do these individuals, who have taken a vow of poverty, have to provide for their own health insurabce somehow? If so is it Medicaid? if it is, is that Ethical or morally justified? Who knows right?

Plausible deniability is absoluteky rampant in the org. "We encourage you to pursue spiritual things" foregoing educstion that could benefit ALL and pay you a humble amount because Armagedeon is just around the corner. And yet when you become 80 and you start to realize it hasnt, where does that leave you?

Oops.

• jhine
    jhine

Not off topic . I am saying that how can you believe anything , including the claims of help given in disaster areas , when the Watchtower itself says that it is alright to lie? No this is not one person only, any Witness thinks that it is o.k. to lie . Therefore do the leaders not think that lie can lie more . You seem embarrassed by this and should be .

Jan

• DS211
    DS211

Fantastic! how about kids who arent JW? Maybe have NO food, dying, starving...any support for them?

• emeth
    emeth

@DS211 Of course i give to the poor. I do that each week and All of them are non JW's. The retirement thing you mention is not relevant here since i live in a welfare state and retirement plans are/were mandatory. So i simply dont know anyone with such a problem

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

...so in effect, what you are saying is, that because donating to other charities goes to anybody, you will not donate. Giving money to the watchtower goes to jws, so you are comfortable with that?

Selective love for your fellow man.....? If your roof blew off in a storm, I would help you out with a donation.....even though you're a witness...I see no distinction in giving aid to someone because of race colour creed or religion.

Your religion, the 'true religion' does.

Is that what you are saying?

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

post x2 der!

• KateWild
    KateWild

emeth, I feel privileged to have contact with you. You are truly one of the nicest JWs I have the pleasure of interacting with. Thank you for your kindeness. Most just ignore me because I am Df'd. But I know in a disaster it's JWs like you I can rely on to save my life.

Likewise I would save yours if you were in a natural disaster.

Thank you love Kate xx

• DS211
    DS211

I apologize emeth. When i say you, i mean YOU as in the organization. Does the organization encourage taking part in charities? If so they dont go into much where i am. In fact an entire talk was given about how we dont give to charitie ls Because we give the greatest charity in the world--the ministry. Wi dont disagree that its important to speak about Christ and God to upbuild and strengthen others to have faith, faithful acts can be displayed in MANY ways. I appreciate your efforts to help all people...unfortunately this is not a FOUNDATION for the organization. Hence, probably why God gas led you to this site, to this topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit